F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever hear of the back left window next to the slider window just shattering out of the blue?? Happened to me a few days ago

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had it happen to the rear window on my Aerostar years ago. Thought I got shot at first, when I got out and looked at it(it shattered but stayed in place) there was no sign of any impact??? Then when I got back in and closed the door the entire window collapsed...never did figure it out. And my wife never believed that it "shattered on it's own"!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anybody ever hear of the back left window next to the slider window just shattering out of the blue?? Happened to me a few days ago
Yes. There are a few write ups on this issue. I'm not sure if it is on this forum or one if my other ones.

I believe it is only a problem on a few year models. It is caused by the rear window defroster. I'm not sure if this is your issue but you can search the forums and find out.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
^^^lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeh the passenger side rear window shattered on my11 this winter when i used my rear defrosted, they warrantied it replaced with updated part. apparently the resistors over heat the glass to quickly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had it happen to the rear window on my Aerostar years ago. Thought I got shot at first, when I got out and looked at it(it shattered but stayed in place) there was no sign of any impact??? Then when I got back in and closed the door the entire window collapsed...never did figure it out. And my wife never believed that it "shattered on it's own"!!!
Yes it did sound like I was being shot at lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. There are a few write ups on this issue. I'm not sure if it is on this forum or one if my other ones. I believe it is only a problem on a few year models. It is caused by the rear window defroster. I'm not sure if this is your issue but you can search the forums and find out.
I had the truck started with the remote start. I got in the truck and stated to back up then "BANG!" Lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts