F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
The VP wasn't available when I got mine, so I've got the aluminum version. Prior to my BakFlip, I had both soft with snaps, soft with strips, hard fiberglass, etc, etc. The BakFlip is BY FAR the best cover I've ever had...and I'll never try anything else again. It's light weight, and I can expose just enough bed area for what I'm hauling or flip the entire thing for full-bed use. And most important to me...it's flush with the bed rails and not on top of them. I had the bulky look that most covers have, and this one is so sleek don't even know it's there for a side-view of the truck. Anyhow...if you can't tell...I love mine.
Show some pics and give your opinion on your VP when you get it. Mine (with the aluminum), does get hot to the touch in the sun...your VP probably takes care of that little problem.

Was thinking of the BakFlip as well....can I ask what you are doing for the bed? LineX, Bedrug??? And why the VP as opposed to the F1?

I have the factory Ford bed liner as well. The F1 is pretty pricey, and as someone else said...I don't like the non-textured surface that makes each panel very obvious. It's just personal preference...I like the textured surface better (easier to keep looking clean when it comes to water spots and such).

I have the back flip cover and I really like it. It's the best cover I've had. Only issue is when it's flipped up to the cab It rubs on the rubber around the back window in the center and squeaks it will drive you nuts. Quick fix is I put a small piece of towel there,or anything will work. problem solved. the struts will hold it there. with the tubes that come to channel any water from the track down the drainage holes you won't see ant water in the bed either. My bed is sprayed with diamond guard too. It's tough!

I have a Factory Ford Bedliner. Choose the VP because I don' personally like the shinny surface on the F1 and also the fact you can see each panel section. Cost too...
Thank you. Yup. Just checked it out. Very nice. Thats what I am looking for. Did you install it yet?

Thanks....can't wait to see it. If all goes well I can order mine at the end of the month. Need a big fat commission check.

The VP unit is nice for sure,wish they had it when I got mine! Only difference between mine and the VP is the one piece "skin".

I have been looking at the BakFlip VP also.. From what I can tell, it is they way to go for a bed cover.. Please let us know
what you think after you get it installed..

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Update
There was an error in the deliver address that resulted in a one week delay in delivering the VP cover. Just checked the FedEx site and it says out for delivery. I cannot wait. Assuming it actually arrives this time, I plan on installing it tonight. I will be sure to take pictures and post my thoughts on the installation.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
I just installed my new Bakflip VP. It was super easy to install and it looks great. From start to finish it took me less than 30 minutes. I took some before and after pictures. What is the easiest way to post pictures?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.