F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow forum members,

has anyone put on the BBK's 73mm throttle body and the AFE charge Pipe? I am looking into installing them on my 2013 and wondering has anyone else already done the install. How did it work, how hard was the install and what did you feel, not feel as for power. Stage3 has done one and claim better power and torque.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
This doesn't help you, but I'm curious too, as I'm thinking about purchasing the throttle body. Stage 3 put it on their EcoBoost project truck.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I've got them both, both are easy. Throttle body being a lot easier, charge just a few bad words and it fits good.
I really felt a little more low end, but it's hard to tell with the SSI tune because its set up for really low end torque. I did get more whistle out of the turbos though. As far as money well spent it is out for debate. But I had to try it to find out. I would do it again.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got them both, both are easy. Throttle body being a lot easier, charge just a few bad words and it fits good.
I really felt a little more low end, but it's hard to tell with the SSI tune because its set up for really low end torque. I did get more whistle out of the turbos though. As far as money well spent it is out for debate. But I had to try it to find out. I would do it again.
Great post!
Stage3 guess who is coming to the store soon...Thank you for posting the info cbvet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ihave the charge pipe Blade Runner and the stage 2 AFE intake No Throttle body yet coming Soon they were a ***** to get on my arms and fingers got all cut up and scraped up check engine light its on it runs alright needs tuned check engine light is on po 299 supercharger turbo charger under boost over boost is the code just needs tuned sounds amazing

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ihave the charge pipe Blade Runner and the stage 2 AFE intake No Throttle body yet coming Soon they were a ***** to get on my arms and fingers got all cut up and scraped up check engine light its on it runs alright needs tuned check engine light is on po 299 supercharger turbo charger under boost over boost is the code just needs tuned sounds amazing

reconnect your sensor? I forgot to do mine and it came out, reconnected it, deleted the code and its gonw

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have the BBK, and love it! By itself, it's not going to net a whole lot, but when the entire intake system is upgraded (cai, cac, piping) you don't want to choke it down with the factory unit.

I believe it's good for about 10 hp by itself.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have the BBK, and love it! By itself, it's not going to net a whole lot, but when the entire intake system is upgraded (cai, cac, piping) you don't want to choke it down with the factory unit.

I believe it's good for about 10 hp by itself.

so you believe the new bbk is a well worth it mod? I have the rest of the intake system modded and was looking into this as its a simple one to do

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
so you believe the new bbk is a well worth it mod? I have the rest of the intake system modded and was looking into this as its a simple one to do
Definitely. If you've improved the entire intake system, why not improve the final choking point?

It's pricey, but it's a quality component that will outlast the stock unit.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the BBK, and love it! By itself, it's not going to net a whole lot, but when the entire intake system is upgraded (cai, cac, piping) you don't want to choke it down with the factory unit. I believe it's good for about 10 hp by itself.
A good way to think the BBK and intake with CAI & exhaust is you can only intake=output. If you do not have the ability to discharge your large intake of air it won't do any good. So, you have to have the complete package for the total HP gain.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
They both work well in conjunction with each other, and fitment isn't an issue. Upgraded intercoolers (besides those that come with new charge piping) will fit with both modifications, as well.
Thank you

Sent from my non using Tapatalk in ??

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
To follow up my original post (#2) I did get the BBK Throttle body and also have the S&B Intake.

I'd had the S&B on for a while when I put the BBK on. The truck seemed to get a bit of extra oomph by the butt dyno (seems to take off like a rocket compared to before). There is a lot more throttle response, and maybe less MPG coming across the screen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts