F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 2017 3.5 Ecoboost and ordered the Nguage package from BCB tuning with their adaptive tunes and I have been having an issue with their performance Highlander tune. The truck is great on the tune for daily driving however when I do a WOT pull from a roll, the tuck shift fine from 1st to 2nd but at the top of the RPMS ( around 5200 to 5500 ) the truck won't shift, almost like its stuck in gear and it just hold the RPMS around 5000. So basically the truck won't shift to the next gear. Has anyone had this issue. I have it recorded on video and sent all this information to BCB tuning. They said they can't diagnose it and said I need to take it to a shop for further problem solving witch is a shame. So they are absolutely no help in the matter. When the tuck is back to stock everything is fine which leads me to believe its the tune. I wish BCB would step up their game and help but it looks like I will be going somewhere else in the future.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a 2017 3.5 Ecoboost and ordered the Nguage package from BCB tuning with their adaptive tunes and I have been having an issue with their performance Highlander tune. The truck is great on the tune for daily driving however when I do a WOT pull from a roll, the tuck shift fine from 1st to 2nd but at the top of the RPMS ( around 5200 to 5500 ) the truck won't shift, almost like its stuck in gear and it just hold the RPMS around 5000. So basically the truck won't shift to the next gear. Has anyone had this issue. I have it recorded on video and sent all this information to BCB tuning. They said they can't diagnose it and said I need to take it to a shop for further problem solving witch is a shame. So they are absolutely no help in the matter. When the tuck is back to stock everything is fine which leads me to believe its the tune. I wish BCB would step up their game and help but it looks like I will be going somewhere else in the future.
Thanks guys.
Since they flat out said they couldn't do anything for you and it doesn't do it on stock tune get a single tune from 5 Star.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had that problem recently with both Adaptive tunes and they couldn’t figure it out. It felt like it held the gears way too long and never shifted. Also the power was not synced at all with the trans. Not only that but the Mcgyver tune made more power than my highlander which made no sense at all ahah. But +1 for 5*

·
Registered
189 Posts
No problem with my BCB Highlander tuned 2.7. It pulls hard, shifing between 5900 and 6000 RPM's. I use the custom 5% trans pressure boost on a GTX tuner and Spot mode shifting. KM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had that problem recently with both Adaptive tunes and they couldn’t figure it out. It felt like it held the gears way too long and never shifted. Also the power was not synced at all with the trans. Not only that but the Mcgyver tune made more power than my highlander which made no sense at all ahah. But +1 for 5*
Glad to see im not the only one with this issue. How have you been liking the 5* Tune. Did you do their AO tune or did you do a single performance/tow tune?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I actually have the AO and all of the perf tows. For daily driving or traveling I love the AO. It is very refined and a nice bump in power. No hesitation at all when shifting. Always in the right gear. I’ve also towed on it and it does quite well. No revisions needed but of course it doesn’t hurt to have josh look it over. If towing heavy then I switch to my perf tows.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Ive yet to find a tow tune better than 5Stars for towing. For daily driving its pretty good, but i would say similar to BCB.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't say I'm surprised with what I've read about different issues that have popped up from them from time to time. It's not hart to make a tune for the ecoboost, but it is time consuming to make one that follows the Ford logic. A good tuner will be able to diagnose an issue within their tune and fix it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
+1 for 5 Star! I listened to Sir Ike and got a revision, although it was fine the first tune. Power is surprising, my boss wont race( hemi owner)... The tune shits smooth and crisp, and it is always in the right gear. I also had a tuner and just bought the tune. Perf91 and Tow91.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
+1 for 5 Star! I listened to Sir Ike and got a revision, although it was fine the first tune. Power is surprising, my boss wont race( hemi owner)... The tune shits smooth and crisp, and it is always in the right gear. I also had a tuner and just bought the tune. Perf91 and Tow91.
There ain't nothing like a smooth and crisp sh!t.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi everyone,
Thanks guys.
Been kicking this around cause I remembered reading some related items, (old and slow but eventually found it). Stuck turbo waste gates, New 17 3.5 Eco Wastegate Issues
Could this be the trouble? KM

·
Registered
4 Posts
The logs show this truck is misfiring. This is an issue that needs to be addressed physically with the truck, starting with precisely gaped spark plugs (0.028") / fresh OEM Ford ignition coils. Once plugs and coils are ruled out fuel system is the next place to look. Misfires are naturally less likely to happen on a stock tune because the boost pressure is so much lower.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Then I guess the only way to prove its the truck is to load up someone else's tune and see if it misfires.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts