F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I went to 5star AO tune and it works great. Very happy.
How are you liking the AOT? I run the BCB AOT's but grabbed a free 5* AOT with the free black friday offer. Do you have any other tunes to compare it to? This will be my first 5* tune.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I made the switch also from BCB to 5*star AO and all I can say is I should’ve done it sooner. Especially since the AO tune is tow safe makes it an even better tune. Good bump in power and great shifting. Almost like a Perf/tow tune made to adjust for different octanes. I stick to towing with the AO rather than going back to my dedicated octane perf/tows. Truck just drives phenomenal. You won’t be disappointed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How are you liking the AOT? I run the BCB AOT's but grabbed a free 5* AOT with the free black friday offer. Do you have any other tunes to compare it to? This will be my first 5* tune.

Honestly I have only tried the BCB tune. They just couldn't get it to work with my truck for some reason. They said to change plugs to one step colder and .28 gap which i did, when their tune still didn't work they said I needed to change the coils which is about 400 bucks. I knew at that point I should try something new. Went to 5* and their AO has had no issues from the start. I have head of problems with the BCB tune maxing out the turbos and WG's being at 100%. I was was pushing about 21psi of boost with BCB and running into misfires and popping at the top end with a bad drop in power and the transmission not shifting out of gear. The 5* AO shifts great and I'm hitting about 18.5psi with much more power. Not bashing BCB by any means. Their tune just didn't work on my truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I made the switch also from BCB to 5*star AO and all I can say is I should’ve done it sooner. Especially since the AO tune is tow safe makes it an even better tune. Good bump in power and great shifting. Almost like a Perf/tow tune made to adjust for different octanes. I stick to towing with the AO rather than going back to my dedicated octane perf/tows. Truck just drives phenomenal. You won’t be disappointed.
I am very happy with the AO. All perimeters that i monitor are good and the power is great. Never got the BCB tune to run correctly. I have lower safer boost pressure with more power.....and my transmission shifts gears now lol.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm loading it up now, I tow a lot over here in AZ and am not a fan of switching back and forth. I've been running the mcgyver tune as a daily driver. I honestly haven't had any issues with either of the BCB AO tunes but would love the best of both worlds in just one!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm only seeing 16ish of boost, is this normal for a 17 3.5 on 91 with this AO 5*tune?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Honestly I have only tried the BCB tune. They just couldn't get it to work with my truck for some reason. They said to change plugs to one step colder and .28 gap which i did, when their tune still didn't work they said I needed to change the coils which is about 400 bucks. I knew at that point I should try something new. Went to 5* and their AO has had no issues from the start. I have head of problems with the BCB tune maxing out the turbos and WG's being at 100%. I was was pushing about 21psi of boost with BCB and running into misfires and popping at the top end with a bad drop in power and the transmission not shifting out of gear. The 5* AO shifts great and I'm hitting about 18.5psi with much more power. Not bashing BCB by any means. Their tune just didn't work on my truck.
Are you running 93 with AO 5* tune? I only have 91 in AZ and seeing 16ish of boost. Tune feels great though!

·
Administrator
9,798 Posts
I have had some small issues here and there with my truck through my tuning journey. I've learned that with many tuners, when they encounter some issues that stump them, they start blaming you or the truck. It's not just SSI. That's what I've loved about working with @Boostking . He encountered the same things but kept working with me and kept trying until we got great results and nice safe data.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts