·
Registered
470 Posts
what are you looking to clear? codes?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess... as the circuit that has the puddle lights, cargo light & interior lights has shut off the puddle light & cargo light but interior light still works. fuse is still good. cargo & puddle do not come on when I unlock or open doors. have read that BCM would need to be re-flashed or reset.

·
Registered
458 Posts
will unhooking the battery for a period of time reset the Body Control Module? if yes for how long?
No.

Actual BMS reset needs to be done through software (Forscan).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weird as I emailed Forscan and I got a reply saying NO copy of the email below:

Hello,

Sorry, at this moment FORScan has no Service and Configuration/Programming functions. The Module reset is a service function.

Regards,
FORScan Team

10.12.2018 0:32, Kevin wrote:
Will the FORScan Lite be able to reset BCM? Have issue with some lights not coming on but others will within the same circuit and bulbs check out good.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My understanding is that FORScan LITE has limited functionality. You can reset using the full licensed version (free) of FORScan loaded on a laptop. Are you using the Lite version?

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
No.

Actual BMS reset needs to be done through software (Forscan).
@trev, he's not asking about the BMS (Battery Maint. System) he's asking about the BCM. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My understanding is that FORScan LITE has limited functionality. You can reset using the full licensed version (free) of FORScan loaded on a laptop. Are you using the Lite version?
I have no version currently I'm trying to figure out what to do or get.

@trev, he's not asking about the BMS (Battery Maint. System) he's asking about the BCM. ;)
correct BCM Body Control Module

·
Registered
458 Posts
Good catch, my bad.

Sleep is hard to come by these days with a 3 month old.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it did YES.. everything back working. I am done installing LED lights. as they do look great they seem to cause more issues than one would think.
now saying that..... I would LOVE to find a scan tool that can do BCM reset. I have a great OBDII reader but that is just for engine codes..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a new BCM and it was all reset however when it restarted, its reading my truck as a dually so now my tire pressure monitor is on. There are no codes being thrown. Will this reset by driving it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts