F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice cover. I like the between-the-rail design that looks so much cleaner than most. Only thing about Retrax is you get issues if you live somewhere there's snow and ice (obviously not in TX). If you like the look of the Retrax but live where there's snow in the winter; check out the BakFlip. Looks the same and can still be used in the snow. Living in Ohio, this is the one I have, and I'd never have anything different.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I considered the BackFlip, and also the RollnLock which is what I had on my Denali.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice cover. I like the between-the-rail design that looks so much cleaner than most. Only thing about Retrax is you get issues if you live somewhere there's snow and ice (obviously not in TX). If you like the look of the Retrax but live where there's snow in the winter; check out the BakFlip. Looks the same and can still be used in the snow. Living in Ohio, this is the one I have, and I'd never have anything different.
Thats exactly rite cobra! with the winters we have up here the back flip IMO is the best for sure. Getting another 8" of the white stuff as I speak! throw a little rain in with it too...Come on summer!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've been thinking about buying the Retrax Pro also.

·
Registered
868 Posts
those are sweet lookin covers for sure !

i would like to change the subject just a little and ask why do all you guys have or want hard covers.
is it for the added security of items hauled in the bed ?
is it the look it adds to the vehicle ?
or are you concerned with how it changes the aerodynamics and effects milage ?

·
Registered
394 Posts

i would like to change the subject just a little and ask why do all you guys have or want hard covers.
For me it's the added security to leave items in the bed of the truck. Sometimes it's a hassle to unload the bed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

My 05 Denali came with factory soft cover. It seamed to always give trouble and one day coming home in a strong thunderstorm it came loose and completely destroyed itself. Thats when I found a used Roll-N-Lock that I replaced it with. Prior to buying the F150 I saw the Retrax Pro at a show and decided if and when I bought a new truck thats the one I would buy. You can lock the cover and the tailgate and whatever you have inside is safe. Could not lock up the soft cover.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Extang trifold solid. I looked at the in bed ones, but i have the occasional need to get it entirely out of the way. On my old truck (ranger) I had the soft fold. Went with the hard fold this time because the gate locks on this truck, and the solid makes it just as secure as leaving things in the cab, if not more so.

As an added bonus, the swing cases lock the release handles into place nicely. :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
Sundie
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing