F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'21 3.5
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A complaint of mine so far is that the bed grooves, that I used to drop a 2 X 8 into as a divider, are no longer on the drivers side due to the Pro Power 2.0 option on my new truck. So I ordered the Ford bed extender and installed that tonight. It will due but honestly I'd prefer to have my old set up as it gave me more useable space between it and the the tailgate. .........and honestly, I feel that the space consumed by the 2.0 could be 1/2 of what it is compared to the 7.2. I know, I know it's a single item adapted for all 3 power options and doing anything different would not be cost prohibitive. So I'll just get used to my new set up.

·
Registered
'21 3.5
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my original thought, back with my 2005, was to hold a BBQ propane bottle. That truck had a single slot closer to the wheel well and I just had a couple electric service cable straps screwed to the board. Then in my 2010 I got more creative and drilled some 5.5 inch holes and drove some rebar through for strapping other things and to keep my work tools closer to the gate. It really worked well.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,647 Posts
It's so brilliant yet simple.
I'm going to completely steal your concept. And really both of yours because I am going to set it up for both groceries and refilling my 2 30 gallon propane tanks.

Reactions: Skioutty

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,647 Posts
If licensing your patent is about the same as a Mexican night out, then consider the tacos on me!
But first I have to actually build it. 😎

·
Registered
122 Posts
If licensing your patent is about the same as a Mexican night out, then consider the tacos on me!
But first I have to actually build it. 😎
LOL, I actually use an old golf ball retriever with a hook epoxied in the end to hook and pull the shite forward. This seems nice and easy too. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
311 Posts
Harbor Freight has 2 different models of bed dividers. They call them "Cargo/Support Bar". This is the less expensive at $15: 2-in-1 Support/Cargo Bar
I used a bar like this on prior trucks but found on this one the bed walls had too much give to snug the bar meaningfully.

I stack a couple 2x4s where OP does but I sure like OP’s inventiveness here! May have to send you more tacos.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
Ahhhh, that sounds like you aren't going to be eating alone. Absolutely!

·
Registered
'21 3.5
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll snap a couple pictures over the weekend but what I did was cut two 8 inch pieces of uni-strut and mounted one to the bed just in front of the forward most factory groove on the passenger side and the other side same distance off the tailgate. I used stainless steel hardware with neoprene washers against the aluminum bed. Then with 3/4 inch plywood I made a quick copy of the 2X10 that I posted earlier in this topic.
Seems like it's gonna work just as good as my old set up. So I'll cut a couple more pieces and send em out to get powder coated along with some fender washers so it looks clean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts