F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the neat bed-side steps on their F150?? I need them, but the dealer says they are option on XLT, but "not available" on Lariat??? That doesn't make sense to either of us, since the same frame and body is involved. Both are 6.5ft beds. Any ideas??

·
Registered
589 Posts
Uh I would say the Dealer is off the mark on that one. I have two friends that have them on their Lariats and plats! As long as it is a 6.5ft bed brother it should fit. All you need is the mounting kit and steps... Maybe he is thinking that you are talking about the 5.5ft bed in which they are not a option because of the lack of space.

I have a King Ranch and I am in the process of picking up a set for myself given the bed of our EcoBeast is mondo deep and I am with you in thinking the bed-steps "Neat".

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can confirm you can get the steps on a Lariat with 6.5' bed, I have them and recommend them, especially if you plan on having a tool box. I ordered my truck, and they came up as an option on Ford's web site when experimenting with different packages.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I can validate its an option for the 6.5 bed Lariat as well. When ordering mine just two months ago, this option was available. I didn't choose it but it was offered.

I'm looking at the 2013 F-150 brochure. Under Lariat exterior options exterior section it reads, " Box side steps (requires 6 1/2 box; requires 501A or 502A)

Hopefully you got it worked out with the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
joemac
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing