F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Screw 5.5ft bed. Looking for options to create storage space in the bed. I’m thinking either a toolbox or a bed cover, and looking for opinions on each.

90 percent of the time my bed is empty, or only has some small items in it. I’m thinking of road trips where we have some luggage. I like the idea of a toolbox because it keeps the rest of the bed open, which I like both functionally and for looks.

Obviously a cover would give me more space, but I just flat don’t like how the look haha. I don’t love that it would on there all the time either.

So, opinions? Any toolboxes out there big enough for what I’m looking for? Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've had a Decked storage system in my F150 since I bought it 3 years ago.

Quite water resistant but does get some condensation. A few edges have broken over the 3 years but still fully functional. The corners under the smaller lids are 4 corner bins for smaller items like bungee cords and tarps. As it settled in and a few of the edges broke it rattles some when empty, the noise dissipates when loaded. The other consideration I played with, but my son d
bought for his 2019 was a BakFlip MX4,

1 1/2 years on and watertight, quiet, solid. It's in 4 sections and can be folded and strapped to the cab section or all the way up against the window with braces included. KM

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
What doesn't look good? No wide seams. (extremely low profile. Literally is the thickness of the sheet of anodized aluminum)

Very very lightweight, and removable in 45 seconds.

Underneath, I have an aluminum bed-toolbox that is low profile, just below the cover of course. Lockable. From TractorSupply. (similar to picture below)

By the way, I love that deck-system posted above. Seriously considering getting that. But will still keep the tonneau cover on over it, most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: butthead

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I was going to do a bed cover I’d like one like that, likely with a box underneath, so basically the same setup. Where did that cover come from, if you don’t mind sharing?

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
If I was going to do a bed cover I’d like one like that, likely with a box underneath, so basically the same setup. Where did that cover come from, if you don’t mind sharing?
It's sold by Weathertech, but I think I read somewhere that it's actually manufactured by "Lomax".

It's kinda pricey. But when you see it in person you understand that it's really well thought out and the installation is a breeze because of that.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Here’s another one that I have that I love, but again pricey with 500lbs limit
On top
The price is less than listed

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
Man that truck is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Man that truck is beautiful.
thanks Bruce! You really can’t tell that the cover is a different color than the truck . Just wish I had the finish job like you had done on yours. (Ceramic)? Btw your turns heads ;):) OP I’m sure you’ll find something out there that you’ll like just be patient and make sure that it’s functional and not just for looks, just both:):) lol

Reactions: snakebitten
1 - 8 of 8 Posts