F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and about to get a couple custom tunes. I was wondering who had the best 93 performance tune? I'm thinking LET or maybe 5 star unless anyone has a better recommendation. My main concern is throttle response. Thanks

You will just have to research the site vendors and read their review pages. Everyone has an opinion on the "Best" of anything.

Reactions: Ducatti20
Since you're in Houston I would consider LET. I have an E30 and 93 perf tune and both are very driveable with throttle response that I like. Not touchy but not sluggish either. Pull strong across the throttle range and if you go WOT those two tunes really shine. Best bet is dyno tune and you're local so that makes it easy.

^^^^^. A email tune ,works but your better off spending the extra cash to throw it up on the dyno,and get it tuned...that way it's based off of your truck,not anyone else's.. Every truck,and motor is a little bit different,there can be as much as 20-30 hp difference between stock trucks....believe it or not some trucks from factory may have as little as 9 -10lbs of boost while others will have as much as 14 lbs of boost...

There are are lots of good tuners here in Houston ,many not on the forum..So if you have a tuner already speak to them,if not LET is local and has a good rep...
He also supplies other shops with tunes,and turbos,if that helps...

My honest opinion and agree that a dyno tune is the best, but it's not worth doing a dyno tune until you're done modding the truck or at least very close to it. Get a dyno tune now and add a DP you'll need another tune, get another new part and need another tune...it goes on.

I'll be getting dyno tune myself, but I'll be done modding as well. I'm very happy with my 5* tune as I add something they make the correction for free.

FYI, having the most HP/TQ is one thing. But, unless you are a racer, also consider driveability.

I drive around in part throttle 99% of the time, and WOT less than 1%. Having good WOT is important, but I also want my vehicle to drive as smoothly as possible and have it adjusted for my preferred tip-in and shifting. In WOT, I also like a firmer shift than stock but not "hard or harsh" (as I've had with some).

I tried them all, and I found Torrie McPhail @ Unleashed Tuning made the best all-round tune for both performance and overall part-throttle driveability.

Reactions: agentjohnson
Grim has a great point. Each driver will want something different out of the tune they get. I am also very happy with Torrie's tunes. They make my truck feel like it was custom designed for me. Torrie is very easy and professional to work with and his customer service is amazing. If you are looking for the best tune, start searching, reading about people experiences, then decide for yourself. After-all, it is your truck and your money. Do with it what you think is the right thing. I have only tried the SCT canned tunes and the tunes from Torrie, so I am a bit biased. I will say that after doing my research I felt that Unleashed was the best avenue to proceed with.

Grim has a great point. Each driver will want something different out of the tune they get. I am also very happy with Torrie's tunes. They make my truck feel like it was custom designed for me. Torrie is very easy and professional to work with and his customer service is amazing. If you are looking for the best tune, start searching, reading about people experiences, then decide for yourself. After-all, it is your truck and your money. Do with it what you think is the right thing. I have only tried the SCT canned tunes and the tunes from Torrie, so I am a bit biased. I will say that after doing my research I felt that Unleashed was the best avenue to proceed with.
Yeah, you didn't have to spend all that extra money I did to get to the same destination.

Reactions: agentjohnson
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.