F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people talk about flowmaster dBx Laminar but does this coincide with a dual exhaust setup and resonator delete. What's the best exhaust set up, i am a welder so materials is the only cost im concerned with. Any suggestions, thanks!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I see a lot of people talk about flowmaster dBx Laminar but does this coincide with a dual exhaust setup and resonator delete. What's the best exhaust set up, i am a welder so materials is the only cost im concerned with. Any suggestions, thanks!
2 things

1) Never put your email as a username. Enjoy the spam.
2) The best dual exhaust setup would probably be Borla's kit with bigger turbos or raptor downpipes to a custom dual out exhaust. True dual exhaust will be mostly custom work.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hooker Blackheart Duals. I love mine especially in tunnels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya no kidding, i dont know how that happened. I had it typed in as AKBLACKBOOST but something glitched evidently. Any idea how to change or, close acct, start new.
Either way, i was thinking BORLA Catless Downpipes with stock exhaust for now and then upgrade to a 4" later on. Thoughts?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ya no kidding, i dont know how that happened. I had it typed in as AKBLACKBOOST but something glitched evidently. Any idea how to change or, close acct, start new.
Either way, i was thinking BORLA Catless Downpipes with stock exhaust for now and then upgrade to a 4" later on. Thoughts?

I have a stock downpipe and 4 inch flo pro, the sound cruising around town is almost "cummins" like very low rumble and a bit of a burble. At WOT it sounds like a pissed off Buick GNX.

With catless downpipes you're gonna have one really loud truck. the Cat's do alot of muffling. Also, it can be smelly.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
The Flowmaster dBX is just a muffler. It is a straight through, directional muffler that actually scavenges.

I have a 3" IN/OUT and it definitely helps with the exhaust flow with my Full-Race catted Downpipes.

The dBX was "reasonable" for sound level with the stock downpipes, but when I installed the Full-Race Catted Downpipes, the exhaust is fairly loud with the rear passenger window down when you boot it (people do turn their heads when I boot it). It is quite

When just cruising at part-throttle and all the windows are rolled up, the sound level is reasonable. You can listen to the stereo. The EX didn't complain (though she noticed from stock). But in WOT or with the windows down, she would nag.

FYI, depending on my future mods, I have debated about getting the Stainless Works 3 1/2" system but using the similar but larger 3 1/2" IN/OUT Flowmaster Pro Series Laminar Flow muffler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once i started reading about the catless downpipes i began to reconsider. The muffler is where im torn. I for sure dont want loud, but a nice rumble would be great, and still have good flow of course. So, no to chambered mufflers?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the Stainless Works Chambered 3.5 inch setup 421248-1_800x600.jpg . Sounds great, not too loud but you know its there. My other choice was the Roush kit that had dual tips coming out rear exit on the same side I dig the look and you don't see many of them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Take a look on youtube for a post from Magic muffler shop. They show a custom true dual exhaust system setup with an X pipe into a Magnaflow 2 in and 2 out muffler. I'm trying to find a shop to help me do this too. Check out the sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everything I've read on 4" exhaust, ppl said they weren't happy with the sound. If it isn't a racer, (in my opinion) 4" is just too much. It'd be like yelling into a long storm drain, just echo not sound.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Everything I've read on 4" exhaust, ppl said they weren't happy with the sound. If it isn't a racer, (in my opinion) 4" is just too much. It'd be like yelling into a long storm drain, just echo not sound.
Only 3 years old and the OP has never been back since 2018

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
187 Posts
Took me years before touching anything on it. My original setup was cat and muffler delete with factory size piping in its place.

Now im running this setup and its has been my favourite so far that ive heard

Exhaust Setup
-first gen1 ecoboost in the world to use gen2 raptor true dual 3” catless downpipes
-rear exit duals with bumper notch outs
-SPD gen2 raptor catless 3” true dual downpipes
-magnaflow 3” x-pipe
-2 vibrant 3”in/3”out ultra quiet resonators
-2 4” double walled stainless tips
-3” stainless piping with mandrel bends front to back with no step downs. True 3” system front to back

Ill never build or alter a eco exhaust system without vibrant or factory resonators. Really nice under regular and highway driving, tame under acceleration and rowdy if your wot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,243 Posts
No mufflers ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Took me years before touching anything on it. My original setup was cat and muffler delete with factory size piping in its place.

Now im running this setup and its has been my favourite so far that ive heard

Exhaust Setup
-first gen1 ecoboost in the world to use gen2 raptor true dual 3” catless downpipes
-rear exit duals with bumper notch outs
-SPD gen2 raptor catless 3” true dual downpipes
-magnaflow 3” x-pipe
-2 vibrant 3”in/3”out ultra quiet resonators
-2 4” double walled stainless tips
-3” stainless piping with mandrel bends front to back with no step downs. True 3” system front to back

Ill never build or alter a eco exhaust system without vibrant or factory resonators. Really nice under regular and highway driving, tame under acceleration and rowdy if your wot

I’d like to see what that looks like if you have pics? Maybe some videos of how it sounds? That sounds like exactly what I would like to do to mine depending on how it sounds and looks.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Seems like a very expensive exhaust system.

·
Registered
187 Posts
No mufflers

Walk underneath the truck

This is when it was brand new. First start, Not carbon coated it’s gotten better and deeper sounding since then

Little cold start after sitting for a hour. About a month and a half after

Interior sound while cruising on the highway

Crappy quality street race video from a unknown phone

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Not for me. Sounds like it needs a muffler. I have heard better sounding exhaust systems with mufflers that cost alot less, I’m sure. No offense, if I bought a Raptor that sounds like that I would have it changed. Just not for me. When I was 17 I woulda loved it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts