F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not for me. Sounds like it needs a muffler. I have heard better sounding exhaust systems with mufflers that cost alot less, I’m sure. No offense, if I bought a Raptor that sounds like that I would have it changed. Just not for me. When I was 17 I woulda loved it.
I agree it would be too loud for me now also but it looks fantastic. I have 3 little kids so I would want it a lot quieter hopefully not sacrificing the flow too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank you. Ive always wanted to do it. But I didn’t want them spread out as much as the new limited trucks

I love the stance. I wouldn’t want my wheels like you have them now but the ones you had when the exhaust done were really nice looking.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not for me. Sounds like it needs a muffler. I have heard better sounding exhaust systems with mufflers that cost alot less, I’m sure. No offense, if I bought a Raptor that sounds like that I would have it changed. Just not for me. When I was 17 I woulda loved it.
Video doesn’t do it justice. Its not that loud in person. Its actually quieter the most off the shelf systems. I like over 3000rpm when it gets loud and the deep tone it has regular. I dont hear much in the truck as it goes out the back now. It quieter then my last setup which was a cat and muffler delete with factory size piping in its place.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love the stance. I wouldn’t want my wheels like you have them now but the ones you had when the exhaust done were really nice looking.

Thats a drag setup. Mickey thompsons. The ones in the video are what I usually have on during the summer.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,268 Posts
Video doesn’t do it justice. Its not that loud in person. Its actually quieter the most off the shelf systems. I like over 3000rpm when it gets loud and the deep tone it has regular. I dont hear much in the truck as it goes out the back now. It quieter then my last setup which was a cat and muffler delete with factory size piping in its place.

Don't get me wrong. It looks great. Just a lot to spend on exhaust.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,268 Posts
After i did my stereo system the exhaust system wasnt to bad lol

Ya well ya got me there. Priorities !

Reactions: Mikey_Ltd

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Video doesn’t do it justice.
That is so true on any videos regarding exhaust.

I have heard exhausts that sounded good on video and crap live. And I've heard great live that sounded poorly on video.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That is so true on any videos regarding exhaust.

I have heard exhausts that sounded good on video and crap live. And I've heard great live that sounded poorly on video.
Yeah i used to love the corsa db then i heard it in person and after my buddy hit the gas it went to the bottom of my list. After listening to
Most trucks after doing my original setup there was always one common thing and that was a resonator. The ecoboost requires a good resonators imo

Ive gotten a ton of compliments from v8 guys so thats a win in my books

·
Premium Member
8,484 Posts
I can listen to a video of an exhaust on my desktop and it will sound a certain way.

I can listen to the same video on my laptop and it sound completely different.

Yet again on a phone speaker.

The complete process of recording, compressing, uploading, downloading, streaming, playing back, amplifying,......

It's all so variable that it's kind of crazy to consider any of it as an accurate representation as "live" audio.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Modinstrator
2,996 Posts
You said a mouthful there. I never thought trying to compare different exhaust systems by way of YouTube to be beneficial. Best case scenario these trucks were all sitting in the same spot using the same recording device to give any idea/comparison at all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mikey_LTD - the video sounds great - did you notice any performance improvement?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mikey_LTD - the video sounds great - did you notice any performance improvement?
Thanks, honestly not sure but i would think it definitely helped over the single 2.5” system i had before. I made 434whp on it when i had factory turbos and the 2.5” system

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is my all-time favorite Setup, its a custom dual setup with an X pipe. Found it on youtube a few years back.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is my all-time favorite Setup, its a custom dual setup with an X pipe. Found it on youtube a few years back.

I would like to see the underneath. Curious if its dual downpipes or if he just split it after where it y’s together

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Yeah i used to love the corsa db then i heard it in person and after my buddy hit the gas it went to the bottom of my list. After listening to
Most trucks after doing my original setup there was always one common thing and that was a resonator. The ecoboost requires a good resonators imo

Ive gotten a ton of compliments from v8 guys so thats a win in my books

When this Covid19 is all done, I have been planning to take a trip to Calgary to see @Blown F-150 and any others who may be around.

I think 2021 is likely to be another washout (as it is going to take a while to get everyone vaccinated). But 2022....

21 - 37 of 37 Posts