F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyones likes and dislikes on fender well linings? I've seen Ford oem ones, rough country ones, and husky ones. Surely someone is running them did it change the ride noise? Ease of installation? Pics?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have the huskey rear liners. I don't have any personal experience with other brands but these were a fairly thick and ridged construction so they should be durable and last a long time. Installation was pretty straightforward, I did it myself in 30 min. Not issues with them moving so far and they look great. 9,000km on them so far

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Mine came with them. So I don't have a comparison.
Ordered a second 2018 this week with MaxPayload and Ford won't allow their liner to come on it for some reason.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I did the ford factory ones off of eBay, for like 134$. It’s the best thing ever. I was suprized on how easy they are to install and how security they fit. Wish I had them when I first bought the truck. It was driving me nuts knowing I couldn’t remove all that dirt (especially with white). Now it’s out of my mind/sight and sooooo!! easy to clean the wheel wells now. Go with the OEM fit, they seemed to look like they added extra stiffness in the plastic, compared to the aftermarket ones.

2012 screw 3.5L

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
I like the OEM kit, and its cheap. (not from the dealer)

Reactions: waterbuffalo

·
Registered
233 Posts
I like the OEM kit, and its cheap. (not from the dealer)
Agree with this, they are perfect fit and get the job done. Also "black" the wheel well out and adds a nice touch to the vehicle imo.

Passenger side view right after shackle.JPG

·
Registered
233 Posts
Factory is $180
But obviously, that's installed.

What doesn't cost a couple $hundred these days?
Hard to find anything worth a damn under $100 dollars when it comes to truck parts, if it is under $100 I would be greatly concerned with the quality :rolleyes:

Reactions: waterbuffalo

·
Admodistrator
2,431 Posts
Put the OEM’s on my 2016. Picked them up at the dealer after getting my best price online of about $115. They matched. I can’t tell you that they’re better than anything else but I can tell you it’s a 25 minute install and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Other than looks and keeping the truck cleaner what's the pros

None, u just listed the pros. Possibly could say noise reduction because nothing hitting the metal anymore but that is a stretch.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha I read some people said noise reduction but I'm gonna do a exhaust eventually so I guess it don't matter

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
OEM's for me! Love them. Easy install

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Put Husky's on....eazy peazy...fit well..so I can't comment on any others....also put on Husky Splash Guards/Mud Flaps...eazy peazy. People don't like Mud Flaps and criticize them but I put both on because I live on a gravel road...will eat your truck alive if ya don't. Never understood people who put wide tires with offset and have them stick out half the tire past fenders? Destroy your finish and undercarriage.

Before I put my liners in I scrubbed wheel wells out with a brush, let dry, then applied 3 coats of rubber undercoating to protect from trapped shzt and moisture. All fasteners had a coat of black rtv applied to exposed ends to protect.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I have Husky liners on my 2013. They have the most coverage area, but I had to drill 2 holes into the bed seam. 2015-up is a no drill installation.
Pendaform also makes a no drill fender liner.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Put Husky's on....eazy peazy...fit well..so I can't comment on any others....also put on Husky Splash Guards/Mud Flaps...eazy peazy. People don't like Mud Flaps and criticize them but I put both on because I live on a gravel road...will eat your truck alive if ya don't. Never understood people who put wide tires with offset and have them stick out half the tire past fenders? Destroy your finish and undercarriage.

Before I put my liners in I scrubbed wheel wells out with a brush, let dry, then applied 3 coats of rubber undercoating to protect from trapped shzt and moisture. All fasteners had a coat of black rtv applied to exposed ends to protect.
Those crazy offsets drive me insane, plus it just destroys the paint every time they drive in anything but perfect conditions. They themselves probably don't like washing it twice a day, but then they couldn't make their YouTube videos with crazy thumbnails, saying "DRIVING AROUND WITH 14 WIDES!!". Those people are usually under the age of 25 and also they don't actually use the truck for truck things, for example the big YouTuber I am speaking of takes his wife Explorer when he has to drive outside of the city instead of his Duramax LOL.

Reactions: RedRooster

·
Registered
7 Posts
Isi can't imagine there's a whole lot of difference bwtween the brands. That being said, i installed the oems and really like them. Easy installation, and they look great!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
some of these might have to be my next purchase!!

·
Admodistrator
2,431 Posts
When I picked my fender liners up from the dealer I ran into the shop manager whom I’ve known for years. He saw the liners sitting there and said I can’t believe Ford sends a new truck out unfinished. He definitely felt like they belonged on every truck. His reaction was kinda funny.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts