F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
OK about to purchase some myself, keep going back-and-forth between husky or the rough country. I’ve seen some people run into issues with the factory fender flares where the push tabs interfere with the wheel well on the lip but I can’t seem to get a solid answer as far as which brand.
Anyone with factory fender flares install one or the other and had or had not any issues?

·
Super Modistrator
2,091 Posts
I‘d can definitely recommend the factory inner fender liners along with the factory mud flaps. They fit perfectly and can be installed in 30 minutes. I really like the way mine have fit and performed.

EDIT: Heck, I just reread this. I got nothing when it comes to adding fender flares. Mine has the factory flares (molding) but not the oversized flares. Sorry if that’s what you were looking for a comment on. I also didn’t realize that I had replied in this thread some time ago. My bad.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
No issue with the factory ones but then this is on a 13. Just had to cut a little when I put air bags on. Thought I had pics of cut I had to do but wasn’t very much at all

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I‘d can definitely recommend the factory inner fender liners along with the factory mud flaps. They fit perfectly and can be installed in 30 minutes. I really like the way mine have fit and performed.

EDIT: Heck, I just reread this. I got nothing when it comes to adding fender flares. Mine has the factory flares (molding) but not the oversized flares. Sorry if that’s what you were looking for a comment on. I also didn’t realize that I had replied in this thread some time ago. My bad.
Oh no I’m just referring to the factory little tiny flares, apparently those pushpins the plastic ones that go through interfere with some of the liners. I’ll have to see if I can find the OEM ones at a somewhat decent price I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Damn $140

$170 from Ford and Stage 3!!! Gheezis

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
If you can tolerate the husky brand, the rdpstore just posted a 25% off. For my 2012 they come out to ~$105 to my door.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have oems that came on my truck. I think the husky ones come down a bit further in the back. I added a big chunk of rubber to bridge the gap between the liners and the flaps. Didn’t want that opening between the two to shoot mud and snow under the bed and onto the rear light wiring, etc. I don’t think any liner covers that opening.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I have oems that came on my truck. I think the husky ones come down a bit further in the back. I added a big chunk of rubber to bridge the gap between the liners and the flaps. Didn’t want that opening between the two to shoot mud and snow under the bed and onto the rear light wiring, etc. I don’t think any liner covers that opening.
Are you referring to the gap between the bed and the frame? If so you are saying the OEM ones do not cover that? I know the rough country for sure do and that’s one of the main reasons why I want liners.

If that’s the case I’ll definitely steer away from OEM, I appreciate that info.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I think he's talking about the space from the mudflap to the frame. If this rides up high, you'll still get a a lot of mud thrown at the backside of the tail light.

From what I have read, the husky's do sit lower on the frame rail compared to OEM. This is the space you're referring to.

·
Super Modistrator
2,091 Posts
I don’t really know what the Husky liner does. In the picture with the frame showing the frame sits 4-6” behind not below where the wheel well liner stops. Maybe they’re talking about the Husky sitting lower here. The OE’s do cover the gap between the bed and the frame. I’d need to see it as it would be unsupported if it drops lower than where the Ford ones sit. The other picture is looking to the back, I suppose there could be more covered space there to the side of the spring but once again, it would hang unsupported. Anyway, sorry for the poor pics but these are the OE liners.

·
Premium Member
6,276 Posts
The husky liner extends lower. I can't remember exactly how much in inches, but I think about 3"?

I have oem on the King Ranch, but Husky on the XLT Sport. I installed them and I'm pretty sure I have pictures.

I'll look here in a bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
some of these might have to be my next purchase!!
I never did get any, I thin I will be doing this as one of my next things to do or buy!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
After talking to a guy on a Instagram that has the same factory fender flares as I do I just ordered the husky, he said they fit like a glove even with the fender flare

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I just popped on the Husky's as well for my 2012. $100.76 to my door. Can't beat that !! Can you say STIMULUS???

21 - 37 of 37 Posts