F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be installing my fullrace catted downpipes this coming weekend and trying to get something on the way to avoid throwing a CEL. What are you guys using if anything? From what i've heard most tuners wont clear any codes from being thrown caused by emission mods. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-11619-J-Style-Restrictor-Adjustable/dp/B00AQ7972O

This is the one most guys have tried with reasonably good luck. You will still occasionally see a CEL, but just clear it.

I actually have a set myself, for the day I must change my tune and if my tuner refuses to turn off my CEL.

As I do not live in the US, US Emission Laws do not apply here. So far my tuner has been okay with turning off my CEL.

@Boostking I have been wondering if the SCT Tuning Software can still turn off the CEL or has SCT been forced to remove that capability?

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
had to remove that functionality.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
had to remove that functionality.
Is this also for the software that Tuner's get? The reason I ask, not ALL purchasers are subject to emission laws.

Such as people not living in the US and Off-Road racers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I looked at the SPD defoulers but it doesnt give much of a description. They look like spark plug defoulers that have SPD on them. Are they hollow?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah they are. I did some research on them before I bought the pipes and yeah I would say they are the same thing. My downpipes just came with them.

·
Administrator
9,603 Posts
Again, I don't know what's different about them, but they seem to be 100% effective. There are a LOT of folks using them on various ecoboost Facebook groups. The BCB fanboys push SPD products really hard, so many of the eco modders, especially in the BCB groups, are running them. I have yet to see a single report of CEL issues with the SPD "O2 extenders".

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up ordering the SPD ones just waiting on them to come in.... Ordered on 3/18 and still waiting zZzZzZzZ

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a set of the prototype SPD defoulers on my 2016 2.7 with Stainless Works catless DPs with over 15K miles on them and ner nada CEL. Yes I found them via BCB FB group because Jacob is a member of it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Digging up my old thread instead of starting a new one. I ordered the SPD defoulers/O2 extenders and they have NOT worked. I have had every 02 related code since installing my FR catted downpipes. The first codes to come up were P0420, P0430, and P013A. Now I am getting codes P2096 and P2098.
I am beginning to wonder if there is a possibility that maybe my 02 sensors are bad, but not sure which ones and do not want to buy all new ones if they are not the problem. If anybody is willing to help me figure this out it would be much appreciated. Also, I am not 100% sure it is related but I feel like when the CEL is on my fuel mileage gets worse by 2-3 mpg. I feel like I drive conservatively lol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Yup, that's the one. Same for both sides in the rear. If you end up buying the front "upstream" sensors, they are different from right to left and considerably different in price.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Instead of buying new O2 sensors I bought the Vibrant J style O2 extenders and used the smallest insert. After I installed them I cleared the P2096 and P2098 codes. Within the same day the CEL light came back on with the same 2 codes. I have also cleared it 3 other times and driven almost 500 miles since then thinking it may just take a little time for the computer to get use to them. I have had no luck. So not only did the SPD extenders not work neither do these vibrant.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Instead of buying new O2 sensors I bought the Vibrant J style O2 extenders and used the smallest insert. After I installed them I cleared the P2096 and P2098 codes. Within the same day the CEL light came back on with the same 2 codes. I have also cleared it 3 other times and driven almost 500 miles since then thinking it may just take a little time for the computer to get use to them. I have had no luck. So not only did the SPD extenders not work neither do these vibrant.
I've been through the throws of O2 codes with FR catted downpipes but currently running on the vibrant extenders without a code (middle sized insert). Very likely that something else is going on. I actually just battled a month or two long p2096 code followed by getting both 96 and 98 codes. Both are clear now, I'll post details later.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been through the throws of O2 codes with FR catted downpipes but currently running on the vibrant extenders without a code (middle sized insert). Very likely that something else is going on. I actually just battled a month or two long p2096 code followed by getting both 96 and 98 codes. Both are clear now, I'll post details later.
What are the details because I am still getting the codes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts