F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have seen, read, and listened to every thread about exhausts. Every one of them compares the sound. What I want to know is which exhaust yields the best hp and tq numbers. .

I dont think I'm going to go 4" because ill lose low end tq. But there are several others. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I've been leaning toward solo mach x duals or stainless works s-tube. All I care about is an increase in performance. Thanks!

'12 XLT eco: Airaid intake, LMS 91, ADD Venom front bumper, 2" level, 35x12.5 Toyo AT2 Xtreme's, 17x9 Vtec Raptor wheels, 15% front window tint

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
duals aren't true duals & reality says they won't perform better. Do you tow? I know 4" loses in low but gains big on WOT

eH

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Get down pipes first, they will give you a bigger performance increase than any exhaust. Catless even more, but if you need to pass emissions, then catted.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Guys, I have seen, read, and listened to every thread about exhausts. Every one of them compares the sound. What I want to know is which exhaust yields the best hp and tq numbers. .

I dont think I'm going to go 4" because ill lose low end tq. But there are several others. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I've been leaning toward solo mach x duals or stainless works s-tube. All I care about is an increase in performance. Thanks!

'12 XLT eco: Airaid intake, LMS 91, ADD Venom front bumper, 2" level, 35x12.5 Toyo AT2 Xtreme's, 17x9 Vtec Raptor wheels, 15% front window tint
Tim...FYI....this is almost as challenging as asking the ever so fun "what's the best tuner" question....

I have DUALS....and nay....not "true" duals...BEEEECAUSE......like the guys with the S&B CAI's .... I think it LOOKS (and sounds) cool. Did I gain/lose power? I dunno. I don't care. The truck is damn fast, and I like the way it drives, looks, and sounds.....:cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: Polch525

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
duals aren't true duals & reality says they won't perform better. Do you tow? I know 4" loses in low but gains big on WOT

eH
If I did do a 4" I would do heartthrob

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get down pipes first, they will give you a bigger performance increase than any exhaust. Catless even more, but if you need to pass emissions, then catted.
I'm doing a cat back first. I hate getting mods that I can't physically see! I've been talking long enough about a cat back and now I just need to do it. Once I get more $$

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim...FYI....this is almost as challenging as asking the ever so fun "what's the best tuner" question....

I have DUALS....and nay....not "true" duals...BEEEECAUSE......like the guys with the S&B CAI's .... I think it LOOKS (and sounds) cool. Did I gain/lose power? I dunno. I don't care. The truck is damn fast, and I like the way it drives, looks, and sounds.....:cool:
Yeah I figured I would get like a hundred different answers by asKing that question. But its true every thread on exhausts is about sound. Who makes your duals? They look good

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FullRace period!! Fully polished T304 stainless. It's the best looking and sounding.
I would have a hard time getting an exhaust that looks and sounds just like stock. Is yours resonated?

·
Registered
902 Posts

Not to sound like a dick, but why the hell would you get the heartthrob exhaust? That's the shittiest sounding and poorest quality catback made.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I would have a hard time getting an exhaust that looks and sounds just like stock. Is yours resonated?

Nope, I have the non resonated with Kooks down pipes. It sounds awesome and it has tons of turbo whistle.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Yeah I figured I would get like a hundred different answers by asKing that question. But its true every thread on exhausts is about sound. Who makes your duals? They look good

Flowmaster cat-back. It's a new "hybrid" (not chambered) muffler they came up with just for the F150 twin turbo 3.5L: FORD F-150 ECOBOOST EXHAUST SYSTEM ? FLOWMASTER 817539

You get two pairs of end pipes so that you can choose to have them exit to the sides behind the tires or straight out the back....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
13,052 Posts

Such a sexy sound

eH

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to sound like a dick, but why the hell would you get the heartthrob exhaust? That's the shittiest sounding and poorest quality catback made.
I guess because the youtube clips I've heard sound pretty good. Never heard one in person. What do u think the best 4" system is?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I guess because the youtube clips I've heard sound pretty good. Never heard one in person. What do u think the best 4" system is?

Solo makes a nice 4" catback. Way better quality than the heartthrob.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Just installed my FR resonated. Love it.

BOOSTING ON MY PARENTS BUDGET Y'ALL

Reactions: gotboost150

·
Registered
902 Posts
I will say this. FullRace had a thread on another forum and the reason they went 3" instead of 4 was they made more power with the 3".

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm 3" too small, 4" less power.... think that just means ill have to do a 3.5" stainless works. I just wish i could hear an exhaust in person. Any exhaust. I swear no one in Colorado has aftermarket stuff. I look closely at every ecoboost I see and they all have stock exhausts. Hopefully I will be changing that soon

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Mine is the only one I have heard. But I love it.

BOOSTING ON MY PARENTS BUDGET Y'ALL

1 - 20 of 38 Posts