·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I hear Amazon ...I know ssi price matches

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I paid 375 I believe. . It fits good and gave me 2 tenths in the quarter so Im happy.

I bought the cheapest one, aluminized off road mak pipe.

As for catted vs non I guess that depends if you get emission tested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet diud it make it any louder and i was just worried if it would make my check engine light come on if i got the non catted one

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Loud talking downpipe?..Hell yeah.

Cel not with my custom tune. Not sure if you kept the truck stock.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Unless you have a custom tune, I'd hold off on an intake. The difference is minimal. Our site vendors are the first place I'd look.

If emissions is no concern, I'd go O/R midpipe and a new resonator... You'll need it. I've seen that catted midpipes can also trigger the CEL. A custom tune will get rid of that problem.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Aero makes some great mufflers and resonators !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unless you have a custom tune, I'd hold off on an intake. The difference is minimal. Our site vendors are the first place I'd look.

If emissions is no concern, I'd go O/R midpipe and a new resonator... You'll need it. I've seen that catted midpipes can also trigger the CEL. A custom tune will get rid of that problem.
You say new resonator is there somewhere that you can buy different resonators?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Yeah like what I'm running Aero3030 xl

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I don't know how. ... The stock one is straight thru

·
Registered
125 Posts
Reactions: RRM_2013

·
Registered
125 Posts
S&B will also stand behind you if your dealer voids your warranty because of the intake. They also flow better than stock, without sacrificing filtration like other brands do. aFe has a top notch product, and I've installed several of them on my trucks. But, S&B looks to be a bit more refined.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
S&B will also stand behind you if your dealer voids your warranty because of the intake. They also flow better than stock, without sacrificing filtration like other brands do. aFe has a top notch product, and I've installed several of them on my trucks. But, S&B looks to be a bit more refined.
Yeah it looks super sexy. I wonder if you'll be able to hear it much?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Knowing S&B, I'm sure. All of the intakes I've ran from S&B have ran and sounded identical to aFe's, but with better fitment/craftmanship, superior filtration, and a lower price. I installed 3 different versions of the aFe intake on my 6.0L, and not even the final version could touch the quality and fitment of the S&B.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
That'll be what I'm getting too. Thanks.

KCCO!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts