F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
I thought I had heard of some new iridium, porcelain, super plug that was out and supposedly great.
Anyone heard of those?
i have 34k on mine, should I pull and check the plugs or just plan on it being part of the 30k maintenance program?

· Registered
9,509 Posts
I thought I had heard of some new iridium, porcelain, super plug that was out and supposedly great.
Anyone heard of those?
i have 34k on mine, should I pull and check the plugs or just plan on it being part of the 30k maintenance program?
Motorcraft SP-534's
:)

· Registered
225 Posts
Just pulled and check d my 2014 @ 10k miles. All were gapped at .0320. I closed them down to .0300 and chunked 'me back in. I'll probably run these for a while longer to see if new gap does anything with the occasional shutter. If not, maybe some motorcraft iridiums. I was surprised they were all consistently gapped after reading so many who found otherwise. Maybe I got a Wednesday truck :)

· Registered
9,509 Posts
Just pulled and check d my 2014 @ 10k miles. All were gapped at .320. I closed them down to .300 and chunked 'me back in. I'll probably run these for a while longer to see if new gap does anything with the occasional shutter. If not, maybe some motorcraft iridiums. I was surprised they were all consistently gapped after reading so many who found otherwise. Maybe I got a Wednesday truck :)
I would hope you didn't gap them to 300 thousandths...

· Registered
262 Posts
Pulled mine yesterday, 31,250 miles on them. All gapped .032-.034 looked clean and perfect. Re-gapped to .030 and put em back in. Recheck in 20k. Have run Performance Improver fuel additive every 3 months since new.
Auto part Metal Steel Machine

· Registered
262 Posts
Engine is bone stock. No tune. I run 87 octane and have never had an issue.

· Registered
1,109 Posts
I may go back to them once these NGK plugs are done. Never had a problem with them once I recapped them.

Then the spark plug debacle was on with Brisk then NGK now MSD. What we need is hotter coils.

· Registered
6,344 Posts
I may go back to them once these NGK plugs are done. Never had a problem with them once I recapped them.

Then the spark plug debacle was on with Brisk then NGK now MSD. What we need is hotter coils.
What we need is a colder plug with beefed up insulators. It's coming...stay tuned

- Stage3-UPR-LET racing league winner!

· Registered
225 Posts
Replaced my originals with new sp534's. Then I noticed that mine came with sp534's from factory. Exact same plug and all of my old ones were gapped the same at .032. The new ones have not made a drastic difference that I can notice. Guess it was a blown $35

· Registered
6 Posts
I was gonna try some ngk's are the msd's that much better I've always used ngk's in my race Car?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.