F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 screw with banks exhaust, AFE CAI, and currently running AFE scorcher boost fooler. Would like everyone's opinion on the best programmer for 87 octane with some towing occasionally.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will be removing the scorcher for tuner install.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'd go with SCT, then you have many options for different tuners. Many people like 5* for towing, MPT also makes a damn good performance tune as does SSI. I haven't done much towing with mine and haven't used a tow tune from either MPT or SSI.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
+1 on the SCT programmer.

I'm currently running MPT, and couldn't be happier with the results. We're still getting her dialed in, but the improvements over the canned tune have been phenomenal. That coupled with their great customer service made MPT a no brainer for me.

Look at each tuners strengths and decide which best suits your driving style. Here's a list of top tuners in no particular order.

Livernois (hypertech)-performance oriented
SSI (SCT)-performance oriented
MPT (SCT)-performance oriented
Unleashed (SCT)-performance oriented
5 star (SCT)-towing/economy oriented

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
SCT all the way.

I love my MPT tunes.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
This was ran with 35x12.50 tires. Sorry about the estimated power, the weight is set wrong in the sct. See signature for current mods.
IMG_3138.jpg

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
This is my best recorded 0-60 on a watered down SSI T4 tune, peak of just over 16 psi dropping to 14-15psi. This is also minus TB, and the AFE charge pipe and CAI

Reactions: Pinero61

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Nice time, but that dash needs a serious wipe down! lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Lol, yeah that's kind of embarrising. In my defense Im in a new subdivision and the wind blows out here like a SOB. Hell even my house looks like we havent dusted in months after 2-3 days of doing it. She's spot less inside now however, the outside is a never ending battle, gets nice then it snows, dries up then starts the process all over again.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Lol, yeah that's kind of embarrising. In my defense Im in a new subdivision and the wind blows out here like a SOB. Hell even my house looks like we havent dusted in months after 2-3 days of doing it. She's spot less inside now however, the outside is a never ending battle, gets nice then it snows, dries up then starts the process all over again.
I know all about that struggle living down here, lol. I need to invest in a good cover for when I'm out of the country.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Its crazy, when we bought here in 2012 we were the only ones on the block so it was dirt city out here, the last lot just got dug out yesterday so I'm hoping the dust settles a little bit.

In any case back to tuners, for the most part I think most of them have been out long enough they all have their stuff together and its all about driving preference. My SSI T4 snow tune is my favorite for DD and available power when needed. I think anyone of them could put out a good tow tune to meet your needs though. MPT includes tunes (or did) with the purchase of a SCT through them. So that would be a good way to get into the game for no extra money out of pocket for tunes.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Its crazy, when we bought here in 2012 we were the only ones on the block so it was dirt city out here, the last lot just got dug out yesterday so I'm hoping the dust settles a little bit.

In any case back to tuners, for the most part I think most of them have been out long enough they all have their stuff together and its all about driving preference. My SSI T4 snow tune is my favorite for DD and available power when needed. I think anyone of them could put out a good tow tune to meet your needs though. MPT includes tunes (or did) with the purchase of a SCT through them. So that would be a good way to get into the game for no extra money out of pocket for tunes.
Yeah, they still offer packaged deals. I can't really brag too much on MPT at the moment, as I haven't driven her since I was running her on canned tunes. I'm strictly going off of the words of my friend who's taking care of everything while I'm out of the country for work. I can however say that MPT's customer service is top notch after having dealt with mike over the past few days making sure that the tunes are tweaked to my liking.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info, I will contact SCT about tunes. How do you like the AFE charge pipe?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I like it, put it on 3-4 days before I put on the TB and CAI, those three definitely make a noticeable difference in power. Someone should do those as a package IMO.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Stage 3 does. Love that place...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yeah, they still offer packaged deals. I can't really brag too much on MPT at the moment, as I haven't driven her since I was running her on canned tunes. I'm strictly going off of the words of my friend who's taking care of everything while I'm out of the country for work. I can however say that MPT's customer service is top notch after having dealt with mike over the past few days making sure that the tunes are tweaked to my liking.
I'll brag on MPT. :cool:
My MPT tune is amazing!! It's a great daily driver, but zips on the monkey suit when you stab the skinny pedal. I've done plenty of logs and this tune is dialed tight!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Nice well I think it'd be worth the money to invest in it. I lucked out and got all three for $820.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So y'all yhink the TH spacer is worth the money? If so I will call S3 and see what they can do for me.

Thanks again for all the info!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Has anyone had any experience with the SCT iSTX programmer that uses your portable device or the tunes?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts