F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are varying opinions on the subject, I also know we have some resident experts on the subject! Any input/comparisons would be awesome, I want it mostly for performance, the cleaning is just a side effect, also how hard of a install is the water/meth systems of any given product?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Install is pretty straight forward and easy. I spent the most time running the wires so it was clean.

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I bought the one from Unleashed, its a simple kit and gets the job done. Looking back though I would have done AEM or Devil's Own.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know there are varying opinions on the subject, I also know we have some resident experts on the subject! Any input/comparisons would be awesome, I want it mostly for performance, the cleaning is just a side effect, also how hard of a install is the water/meth systems of any given product?
I have the aem kit that I purchased from mpt with the brackets as we'll. install was more easier than I thought. I was messaging back with scap and helped me on some things. With two people it took 2.5 hours.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So AEM seems to be the way to go, sounds good I was leaning towards them or full race, but I feel now that the aem is a superior product?!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O really? Hmm something to think about, I do like FR 5 gallon tank for the wheel well

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
O really? Hmm something to think about, I do like FR 5 gallon tank for the wheel well

5 gallons would be really convenient but how hard would it been to fill it when you needed to?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I been researching meth kits also. But if you got a extra $200 I'd say Alky Control alcohol injection kit would probably be the best hands down. I have talked to a couple guys and Julio is the king at meth kits. I guess if guys running 1200 HP on pump gas in the Buick GN's trust him why not.

:)

Take a look at his product. His pumps are a beast and can handle 100% methanol with no problem.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Is there a way that we could ban the word "best" on this forum as a 4 letter word? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Is there a way that we could ban the word "best" on this forum as a 4 letter word? :rolleyes:
I was just throwing that out there.

If someone wants to run straight methanol I'd say go with Julio(Alky Control) if you want H20/meth I'd say AEM or Devils Own like Justin(straw) suggested.

But I get where you coming. Its all opinionated...;)

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
We only run 100% Methanol. This allows us to use this as a fuel supplement as well as the cooling effect. Our dragsters that run 100% Methanol you can touch the intake manifold on a hot day when it's running and it is cold to the tough from the meth flow through.

When we used 50/50 mix we found with big boost you would reach a point that the water content would cause misfires like the "shudder" the EB experiences when ingesting water.

And Vol, sometimes I agree, BEST can be a 4 letter word! But all Julio uses is top shelf period. And we have used most all brands out there.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How hard is pure methanol to locate I live in a small town in Canada, kinda why I was going with water/meth as that's just windshield washer fluid is it not?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have a race shop that sells it that's 50 miles away. I bought 5 gallons of it down in Gillette,WY while I was there to paint for the weekend. It's accessible, just not as easily as I'd like.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm driving alot, and by alot I mean about 500km a day, id be going through it so quick it needs to be accessible haha, tough life of a work truck

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm driving alot, and by alot I mean about 500km a day, id be going through it so quick it needs to be accessible haha, tough life of a work truck

You spending that much time in high boost or just cruising down the highway?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts