F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have detailed just about everything out there from Harleys to Peterbuilts. I am wondering what you guys/gals feel is the best wax out there. I have used many brands and the one I like best is Wizards. If someone feels that there is a better wax out there, I would like to try it and see. Thank you all for your input.

·
Registered
788 Posts
It sucked today. I'm in Mounds View. Had around 8"-9" of snow when I left at 6. Sounds like a chance at 60 degrees next week. This winter has been way too long.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Honestly, I feel a good quality wax, not a cleaner wax, then I use the once a year wax over the top of it.
I'll do this in the fall and here it is April after a really bad winter and I'm still getting water to bead on the sides.
During the summer I wash it so often I'll wax it almost once a week.
I detailed for years and find that most all of the waxes are about the same. some may last a little longer but now that there is clear coat on the paint they all leave about the same finish.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why not use CQuartz or Opti-coat? Google them and see the info. I use the CQuartz and love it.

Reactions: BlueMonte

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am a Meguiar's man myself for the vehicles we have. Very pleased with the performance and ongoing maintenance of their products.

I am curious to see if anyone has used the Opti-coat 2.0 and if it worth the money. There are lots of articles out there about first impressions but not many about longevity. Anyone have any feedback on it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah I swear by the Meguiar's Gold Glass three stage. It is easy to do in an afternoon and looks showroom ready when done. Also lasts quite a while

·
Registered
10 Posts
Collinte is a paint sealant, CQuartz and Opti-Coat are Paint Coatings. If your looking for a great "Wax" check out Meguiars #26 yellow wax, Pinnacle Souveran, Mothers Gold Pure Brazilian, Wolfgang Fuzion.

Sealants; Collinte, Klasse, Menzerna, Meguiars, Adams all make good stuff I hear

Paint Coatings; Opti-Coat, GTechniq, CQuartz are all considered "permanent" or semi-permanent long lasting protectant s

Overall it's the prep you do before applying any product that matter for durability and shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Collinte is a paint sealant, CQuartz and Opti-Coat are Paint Coatings. If your looking for a great "Wax" check out Meguiars #26 yellow wax, Pinnacle Souveran, Mothers Gold Pure Brazilian, Wolfgang Fuzion.

Sealants; Collinte, Klasse, Menzerna, Meguiars, Adams all make good stuff I hear

Paint Coatings; Opti-Coat, GTechniq, CQuartz are all considered "permanent" or semi-permanent long lasting protectant s

Overall it's the prep you do before applying any product that matter for durability and shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so, what prep are you talking about? Whenever I "prepped" a car, I would use a good carwash, water blade it off, blow dry it, then use an orbital to apply the wax and a microfiber to remove the wax.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I keep lobbying to have the word "Best" banned from this forum...

Off topic but I didn't know this Shiner Bock flavor existed until I spotted it the other night... I drank six.... They were the BEST! ;0)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397083873.700786.jpg

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I keep lobbying to have the word "Best" banned from this forum...

Off topic but I didn't know this Shiner Bock flavor existed until I spotted it the other night... I drank six.... They were the BEST! ;0)

View attachment 11021

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk
Anything you can drink six of, in one sitting, is ****.
Lol

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
You're just a pansy Scap

Family First

1 - 20 of 40 Posts