F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best method for removing salt stains from the black carpet. We had an extremely salty winter, despite the winter not being too bad actually. I have the floor liners that came with the truck and while they did a pretty decent job of keeping it out, there are still some stains along the edge of footsill (if thats what it is called lol).

How do I get this stuff out? I tried some blue coral carpet cleaner i had around and it didn't do much of anything.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Carpet cleaner and water, dish detergent and water both worked for me. It takes repeated heavy applications and vacuuming to get the salt dissolved in the carpet back into solution and sucked out.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
straight vinegar is the only thing that can remove the white salt stains and crusty stuff,if your using water and some other stuff mixed up white stains will just come back,vinegar dissolves the salt,soak if real good might even have to do it a few times,straight vinegar.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'll have to try the vinegar, I've had good luck with carpet cleaners or dish soap albeit labor intensive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will the vinegar take the color out of the fabric?

I wonder if something like oxy-clean would work well on it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
vinegar wont take the color out ,ever have shoes with the salt stains all over them,just use vinegar,truck will even smell good.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
vinegar wont take the color out ,ever have shoes with the salt stains all over them,just use vinegar,truck will even smell good.
Good?! I'm not arguing the usefulness of vinegar but it smells AWFUL. I used it to clean water stains caused by a leaky 3rd brake light.
And then spent another 2 weeks trying to get rid of the smell. UGH! Smelled like someone dumped a pickle jar in my truck.

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
Good?! I'm not arguing the usefulness of vinegar but it smells AWFUL. I used it to clean water stains caused by a leaky 3rd brake light.
And then spent another 2 weeks trying to get rid of the smell. UGH! Smelled like someone dumped a pickle jar in my truck.
Lol.

I soak my left foot in Apple Cider Vinegar because I ain't taking medicine with a list of side effects that include messing with my liver. (how can a pill designed to fix my Big (ugly) toe destroy my liver? Lol)

Anyways, I kinda agree with you. My feet smell better after wearing cowboy boots all day than they do after a vinegar bath.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts