F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
foto_rmde_f150.jpg

What do you think is the best and most affordable wiper blades for F150? Here is what other F150 owners say.

The weather will be turning throughout the country shortly and drivers are starting to think about preparing for the rainy or snowy weather. As people think about winterizing their vehicles, pickup owners are talking about what are the best wiper blades for the Ford F-150. Mary Conway reports in this story, originally published at TorqueNews.com.

Not only is the F-150 the most popular vehicle sold in the U.S., it is a workhorse, used in construction, farming and landscaping. It is out in all types of weather conditions and drivers are picky about what makes the best wiper blades for the F-150. Any car or truck needs good wipers. No one wants smearing or skipping. They need to be long lasting and hold up, especially in dreadful weather.

People posting on an F-150 Facebook page have strong opinions about what makes a great wiper.
One driver, Brandon S., likes a specific combination. “ I can’t stand a dirty windshield. I use rain x blades, rain x washer fluid, and rain x glass cleaner and all that combined works beautifully.”

Some drivers, from Florida, say that the OEMs supply the best wiper blades for the F-150, but they say the secret is treating the windshield with a packet of Aquapel. Orlando B. says “It lasts about 2 months with all the afternoon rain and makes the wipers work great.”

Aquapel, like Rain X, is a water repellant. On its website it promises to bond with the glass to make it easier to clear ice, snow and even dirt. It also says that it reduces glare at night in the rain or winter weather.

The majority of people responding to the question about the best wiper blades for the F-150 like the Bosch Icon blades. Keith G. says “It’s what came with my new ’14. I won’t put anything else on my vehicles.” Rob V. adds “Bosch Icon, hands down.”

What do you use? What wiper blades work the best for your F150?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Got Search?!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts