F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting article I came across that is a must read if your in the market for a used truck!

Hurricane Sandy caused significant damage up and down the East Coast, and according to some sources, that will make a big impact on the supply of used vehicles (going up as much as $1,000 per vehicle) and the likelihood that the used vehicle you want to buy may be water damaged. Bringing back a water-damaged vehicle is not impossible, but it does mean there could be significant issues down the road.
Some estimates put it at close to 250,000 vehicles affected, a good number of which were destroyed by the storm. If you are in the market for a used pickup over the next several months or years, whether on the East Coast or not, there is a chance the vehicle you're looking at has water or Sandy damage.

Beware When Buying Used Pickups for a While - PickupTrucks.com News

·
Registered
169 Posts
With a new truck I would think it would be cheaper to send the dealership new harnesses, electronics and interiors than to scrap the truck. Those are really the only things that I would worry about going bad from corrosion and mold.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes, we had that after Katrina... But that also means that there are some really good deals on some stuff, too!
We picked up a set of Mach1 seats at a car swap meet at a huge discount! Several applications of leather treatment later, they are as good as new... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
TraciInTexas
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing