F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide between these two tires for my 2013 f150. Looking for anyone who has experience with either of these especially regarding traction and road noise

·
Registered
26 Posts
Duratrac has always seemed quieter and better road manners to me. I've seen guys blow sidewalls on rocky terrain though. I've never experienced both on the same vehicle though. I've seen them both do well offroad in general though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
What type of terrain do you drive in the most? Mud, sand, snow?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's my daily driver so a lot of highway miles and mostly snow and mud as far as off road goes while hunting and camping

·
Registered
873 Posts
Haven't had duratrac but had a set of bfgs on my 04 f150 fx4. I liked them a lot - e rated with stuff side walls. The few times I was in basic mud they gummed up more than I thought they should have. Overall it was a good mainly street tire that had 45k miles or so on them when I sold it. I expected them to go 65k or better. They're on my list when my stock tires fail out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the bfg km2s myself. They are pretty quiet till later in their tread life. They have good road manners for an MT work great in mud and snow. If you get them siped they do decent on rainy asphalt as well. Icy roads would be the weakest area for this tire. They also have super rugged side walls so you can run the at low psi in rocky terrain. That's what's going on mine in the spring after I take off the snow tires.

I've put 40k on a set on my Jeep and they still had some life left although they were noticably noisier. Not bad for having taken them rock crawling a bunch at 12 psi.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Neither is very good in mud, but the bfg is tough as hell. I've had a set of KM2's as well, and i loved everything about them except the price. If you want something that will last, and has good road manners and decent off road capability, I'd go with the BFG. I don't know how they'll do in the snow though, down in south LA we don't get any.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd pick the BFG's all day long. I've had 3 sets so far and loved them all. 1 set of the M/T's, prior to the KM series and 2 sets of the A/T KO's.

Back when I was a tech, it was my experience Goodyears caused far more vibration issues than other manufacturers. When I installed the last set of A/T's on my '02 F150 the road force measurement from my worst BFG was half that of the best Goodyear I was pulling off. Granted they were different sizes and one set was new the other old, but still interesting. That set of KO's, I rocked for almost 7 years and over 126, 000 miles before I finally traded for my EB....and they still had tread. I only balanced them the one time.

So are the A/T's good for running up logging roads everyday or playing in the mud every weekend...probably not. But if you spend much time on road, they are a great compromise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts