F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
176 Posts
I just go off the tire inflation tables from tire manufacturers.

You find the load rating or PSI you were comfortable with on your stock p metrics, then you find that same load rating for your new LT tire size, then inflate to that pressure.

Contrary to intuition, an LT tire requires more psi to carry a given load vs a p metric.

I think Toyo’s inflation table is the most widely available:

Matching the stock 35 psi load carrying capacity (2,601 per pg 19) of the OE p275/65r18 requires running an lt275/70r18 between 45-50 psi (per pg 25).

Bump up from there for hauling, or down for comfort at expense of handling and mpg.

That makes sense to me.

What doesn’t make sense to me was after I learned the above and bumped my LTs up around 50 psi for daily use, I felt the ride comfort got better.

Reactions: mijdirtyjeep

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
176 Posts
@TonyCO going off the approach and chart above, it checks out why BFG told you 55 psi for LT 275/65r18. Seems accurate per pg 25.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
4,083 Posts
BUT.
If you aren't carrying a load then the recommended pressure on your load sticker is where they should be. There is no reason for 50 or 80 psi when empty.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Exactly.

Use what you liked while running stock as an index and go up or down from there.

Couple weekends ago I towed a poorly loaded enclosed trailer with about 1,200 on the tongue. (Load meant I could put it on one end or the other only, snd I preferred stability).

Thought I’d need about 75 psi in the tires but nope - that was weigh (hehe!) too much. 60 was great.

While you can go up to 80 psi in LTs, I had to remind myself that is for the likes of a SRW F350s at THEIR max load.

I did the chalk test extensively at first to figure out unloaded should be, but couldn’t discern any difference from 30 to 60 psi, so I went off the charts and calibrated by SOTP from there.

I only run E range because it’s what they sell in my size. Not because I like liquefying my kidneys. I’m not a rock crawler or hot shot driver.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
4,083 Posts
You are stubborn as a mule. 🙃
Haha Tis the season to spend money on others so I wait until I will fill less selfish but yes I feel I could use some new shocks all around. I also want that expensive front Helwig antisway bar.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,517 Posts
You already have the rear Helwig? Cuz everyone says it makes a bigger difference overall than increasing the front.
If the 2018 Front Helwig is the same part# as the 2013, I have the front Helwig that I had on my 18. It's sitting in the barn.
It's yours if it fits.
(if you promise to upgrade your worn out Buick shocks after new years) 🙃🙃🙄

·
Moderstrator
3,612 Posts
You already have the rear Helwig? Cuz everyone says it makes a bigger difference overall than increasing the front.
If the 2018 Front Helwig is the same part# as the 2013, I have the front Helwig that I had on my 18. It's sitting in the barn.
It's yours if it fits.
What can I say? You sir, are a generous guy.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,517 Posts
Actually I'm a guy with a barn full of stuff that one of my trucks is too old to benefit, and the other is too new. 🤣

And gettin Mr. "I don't need no upgrades" to upgrade is kind of a personal challenge. It'd make me grin if he posts sometime in the future how much he loves his truck with Bilsteins? (or whatever he chooses)

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
4,083 Posts
It's yours if it fits.
Sounds like a killer deal but I doubt it fits. You da man, Neighbor ! Yes, I have the rear. Yes, I take curves entirely too fast when alone.
Oh, and if y'all knew how I grew up and what we drove daily ... you might understand LOL

• Haha
Reactions: snakebitten
41 - 51 of 51 Posts