F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very good tire. I have had 3 diesel 2500 trucks and they are great tires for them. They don't seem to come in a 6 ply for our trucks and the 10 plies are heavy and expensive. I would love to go with a 285 on the factory 8 1/2 x 20.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have read that if you plan to tow your should have LT (light truck tires) on your F150. I have not picked up my truck yet so other then knowing that they are 18" tires I have no idea if they are suitable for towing. Anyone have experience with towing and tires?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I first started towing a little 22' travel trailer with an 04 Ram with the 17" tires. I went with a 10 ply Cooper from the 4 ply stock tires and noticed a great improvement in stability. We then went with a 32' travel trailer and was glad I got them. I then traded the 04 for an 09 Ram again with the 17" tires for the increase in towing capability and noticed a big difference when towing as it went back to the 4 ply stock tires. Yeah they are heavier and more expensive but I felt they were worth it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always been told to run max tire pressure or near max tire pressure when towing. This last trip out I had my tires @ 50psi (max is 80) and I think it actually towed better. Sometimes running near max tire pressure the truck seems more over the road.

I'm currently running BFG All Terrains 275/70/18.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have always been told to run max tire pressure or near max tire pressure when towing. This last trip out I had my tires @ 50psi (max is 80) and I think it actually towed better. Sometimes running near max tire pressure the truck seems more over the road.

I'm currently running BFG All Terrains 275/70/18.
good point I forgot. Max on the 10 plys was 80 and I ran them at 65 empty and bumped them to 70 towing and got very flat wear out of them.

I'll be on the factory Goodyears for about 3 years, not sure what I'll get when they need changed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aloha, I am looking into changing to BFG K/O, Lt305/65-18 on 18x10 rims. What I cannot find out is the stock offset of the factory alloy 18" rims. Just got back from the Ford Service center, the service guys and the parts dept, couldn't tell me the offset of the stock rims. 18x7.5 is all they told me. Anyone know the stock offset? I figure I need to match it for the new rims. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aloha STdan, Thanks for the info. I can run 18x10, +10 offset and the back space will be the same as my stock rims. Stock back space is 6.25" with 18x7.5, 275/65-18, +44. New back space is 6" with 18x10, LT305/65-18, +10. Now the problem is getting this combo shipped to Hawaii. UPS and FEDEX pricing sucks rocks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aloha All, I have found Moto Metal Rims #961 18x10, however the offset is -24. Most websites say it fits my truck. Truck has a 2" level kit. Has anyone run these or similar with BFG LT305/65-18? Any rubbing problems?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aloha STDan, not yet. I will probably run down the stock Wrangler SRA 275.65-18, until the end of the year. The only tire that currently fits my wants is the Wrangler Duratracs. Kinda been getting mixed reviews of them online. Maybe by the end of the year there will be a better selection of tires. Spent the day putting on the Ecoboost front license plate relocate kit, Go Industries 32639 Quad Push Bar, and Anzo 111263 headlights. ;) Now gotta fingure out how to mount the front license plate, required by the lovely state of Aloha. :p Do you have a suggestion for radial, all terrain, LT295/65-18?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Next upgrades 2013 fx4 zombie hunter hawaii

Removed the resonator and factory muffler..Flow Master super 40, single in single out. Got a better tone and rumble from the Ecoboost, no noticable difference in performance. Sounds like a truck now. Might change the air filter for the K&N. I used to have it on my 2001 F150 XLT, 4x4, 4.6L from 6 months until I traded it in for the 2013 FX4. Increase in response and MPG..+3 MPG over the life of the truck. NEVER HAD FOUND ANY DUST OR OIL INSIDE THE SYSTEM WHEN SERVICED. Washed and re-oiled it every year from 2001 to May of this year. 13 years with none of the problems I have seen talked about on this and other sites. The others must not have installed/maintained it correctly.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I believe the Duratracs are the only tired offered in a 296/65/18. Check out the Toyo Open Country AT2s. They are offered in a LT285/75R18 and LT295/70R18.

Aloha STDan, not yet. I will probably run down the stock Wrangler SRA 275.65-18, until the end of the year. The only tire that currently fits my wants is the Wrangler Duratracs. Kinda been getting mixed reviews of them online. Maybe by the end of the year there will be a better selection of tires. Spent the day putting on the Ecoboost front license plate relocate kit, Go Industries 32639 Quad Push Bar, and Anzo 111263 headlights. ;) Now gotta fingure out how to mount the front license plate, required by the lovely state of Aloha. :p Do you have a suggestion for radial, all terrain, LT295/65-18?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
5 Participants
FX4 ZOMBIE HUNTER
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing