F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
That was the color I wanted when I bought my 2013 ... but there were no Gem Green F150's available in my entire Province at the time.

So I settled for Whore Red.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not much change since my last post. I'm now getting back into Mod mode. I'm thinking an exhaust is next. Either an MBRP XP stainless or the Gibson Metal Mulisha. Both in 4". Now to convince my wife this is a good idea lol.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Rough country tonneau added at a great price, $169 for the soft trifold. I also just got an MBRP 4" SS Catback that will be going on shortly. Cannot wait!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Anyone know where I could get ahold of green led raptor style grill accent lights? I think it d be a nice custom touch rather than the amber.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Installed the MBRP 4" cat back. It was extremely simple and the best part is I didn't need to jack it up. IMG_2740.JPG IMG_2738.JPG IMG_2736.JPG

All cleaned up in this current warm spell. MY wife's explorer in tuxedo black really pops After a good wash and wax. IMG_2741.JPG

Also threw the tonneau on. Nice and dry after a few washes. Love it. IMG_2730.JPG IMG_2732.JPG

Next up is likely a banks or roush intake and raptor leds.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Loving it. I think I'm itching for a 4" BDS lift myself...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Snagged a like new Roush CAI for $240. It's going in soon. Then the question is what company do I get a tune from? I'm stuck between 5* and Unleashed. Hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Snagged a like new Roush CAI for $240. It's going in soon. Then the question is what company do I get a tune from? I'm stuck between 5* and Unleashed. Hmmmmmm.
I'm itching for a 5* too. Truck runs great stock but it would be nice to get the original power back with the larger tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How are you liking the MBRP exhaust now that you've had it a while? I"m trying to figure out what catback exhaust to get and CAI without breaking the bank. I've already got a 93 octane SCT canned tune with a 6in lift and 35in tires and it really wakes the truck up. Once i get the cai and catback I will go for a custom tune i think...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
How are you liking the MBRP exhaust now that you've had it a while? I"m trying to figure out what catback exhaust to get and CAI without breaking the bank. I've already got a 93 octane SCT canned tune with a 6in lift and 35in tires and it really wakes the truck up. Once i get the cai and catback I will go for a custom tune i think...
I like the exhaust. Nice on acceleration but it mellows out when cruising. The turbos spool more quickly too. How's the canned 93 tune? I'm ordering an SCT very soon. I'll likely run the 93 canned until I'm ready to data log and get into a custom tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Compared to the 87 and 91 tunes it feels like it has a little more power... I noticed i get about 1 mpg better with it as well.... The SCT tuner is well worth the $$$... I also took out the little impeller things in the intake tubes the other day as well which seems to help the turbos spool up a little quicker but, then again it could just be me thinking that as well... I can't imagine to little blades in the intake making a difference you can feel.. I've read they are there to help keep the sound of the turbos quieter but I don't really hear any difference out vs in there....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Compared to the 87 and 91 tunes it feels like it has a little more power... I noticed i get about 1 mpg better with it as well.... The SCT tuner is well worth the $$$... I also took out the little impeller things in the intake tubes the other day as well which seems to help the turbos spool up a little quicker but, then again it could just be me thinking that as well... I can't imagine to little blades in the intake making a difference you can feel.. I've read they are there to help keep the sound of the turbos quieter but I don't really hear any difference out vs in there....
Cool. Just ordered one! I hate that they tried to make the turbos quiet. Whistle is good! If you haven already, lose that felt diaper under the engine. That really lets my turbos sing when I hit it. If you like the BOV noise try disconnecting the bypass and plugging in recirculation hose.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did this last night actually. Thanks for the suggestion.... Felt was already gone but, disconnected the BOV tube and duct taped the intake hole until I come up with a better solution. Definitely much much louder blow off noise without being recirculated..... I live on a dirt road in central FL so I am a little concerned about moisture and sand getting down in the BOV. Not so much sand since it will get blown out but, I've read the valve stays open when the truck is off and with so much humidity here may be an issue.... I was thinking about leaving the tube connected to the BOV and zip tying it around the intake so should still get the BOV noise without the risk of getting moisture in the valve. No difference in performance just a better sounding turbo when letting of the pedal.... Will get some new plugs today and gap down to .025 since I'm running more psi in the turbos... I've read this makes a big difference so keep that in mind when you add your tune.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
23 Participants
Nomad Rebrab
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing