F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Did this last night actually. Thanks for the suggestion.... Felt was already gone but, disconnected the BOV tube and duct taped the intake hole until I come up with a better solution. Definitely much much louder blow off noise without being recirculated..... I live on a dirt road in central FL so I am a little concerned about moisture and sand getting down in the BOV. Not so much sand since it will get blown out but, I've read the valve stays open when the truck is off and with so much humidity here may be an issue.... I was thinking about leaving the tube connected to the BOV and zip tying it around the intake so should still get the BOV noise without the risk of getting moisture in the valve. No difference in performance just a better sounding turbo when letting of the pedal.... Will get some new plugs today and gap down to .025 since I'm running more psi in the turbos... I've read this makes a big difference so keep that in mind when you add your tune.
Stage three motor sports sells a plug that snaps into the recirculation hose to block anything being sucked up. That's what I used.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Let us know what you think...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Holy Sh~T! That's what I think. The 93 canned tune really woke it up. Super responsive and it's QUICK! Now I'm wondering what a custom tune would do. I'm already thrilled with the gains from the canned 93.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Holy Sh~T! That's what I think. The 93 canned tune really woke it up. Super responsive and it's QUICK! Now I'm wondering what a custom tune would do. I'm already thrilled with the gains from the canned 93.
I can't imagine a custom tune being able to add much more honestly but, I'm sure I will take the plunge and have to find out one of these days....

·
Registered
335 Posts
I can't imagine a custom tune being able to add much more honestly but, I'm sure I will take the plunge and have to find out one of these days....
Custom tunes are a whole different world compared to canned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
I love my 5 star tunes, but theyre are tons of options!! Unleashed,brew city,innovative diesel, MPT, etc. Just research and go with the one you feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love my 5 star tunes, but theyre are tons of options!! Unleashed,brew city,innovative diesel, MPT, etc. Just research and go with the one you feel comfortable with.

Thanks I've heard many good things about 5 Star so probably leaning that way...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
30" bar, behind the grill mounts, wiring harness and green tint film on the way. Then I'm done for summer before my wife kills me lol.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Light bar is in and spring detail is just about done. IMG_3024.JPG IMG_3026.JPG IMG_3025.JPG the light bar is mounted behind the grill. You can barely see it until it's on.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That is one nice looking truck!!! btw just installed a the Performance Street tune from MPT.... unbelievable the difference it makes over the canned SCT tune.... I think it's probably double the power if not more..... throttle response 100% better.... highly recommend.....
I'll have to look into it. How was the customer service/ loading it? My only complaint with my SCT 93 is the jerky shift from 1-2 and sometimes 2-3.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very simple to install tunes. Just make sure your tuner is updated and MPT's tune will be In email attachment that you move to your tuner through sct's updater on your computer. MPT usually replies to any question within a day. I have 93 race tune and it makes this truck a whole new beast.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
My only complaint with my SCT 93 is the jerky shift from 1-2 and sometimes 2-3.
My MPT tunes are a lot easier shifting than the SCT. I hated the way the SCT canned tune shifted too. I'm sure most of the custom tunes shift better than the SCT tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My MPT tunes are a lot easier shifting than the SCT. I hated the way the SCT canned tune shifted too. I'm sure most of the custom tunes shift better than the SCT tune.
I agree with that... mpt tune shifts way better...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I'm not trying to start a tuner war...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I'm leaning towards an unleashed to start with. The power from the SCT is fine. I hate the shifts and sometime they seem oddly timed.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
23 Participants
Nomad Rebrab
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing