F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read by both Forscan and SCT X4
Front 2 cylinders on the passenger side aren't firing after routine spark plug change. All 6 connectors broke the little red tabs during the change. I swapped coils and plugs, the problem didn't follow. Flashed the truck back to OEM tune, no dice. I've already ordered 2 new pigtails and 6 new coils, because it couldn't hurt. I'm flat out of ideas. Scouring the internet turned up 2 post in this site, and only this site. Looks like the previous time these codes popped, the fix was taking the connector apart and PFM. The only other thing I can think of it a short at the PCM. Not really looking forward to buying a new computer, but if I do, I'm not sure which one to buy. Not really a fan of throwing money at a problem or going to the dealership (same thing).

Any advice?
TIA,
Pif

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I don't know how everyone breaks the red tabs. Use your thumb nail. After it is pulled pack, you use your thumb on the connect to push down, then push up and pull it off.

My guess is the connector is not seating all the way in the coil pack. Try pushing it up more/holding it in place and see if it is firing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how everyone breaks the red tabs. Use your thumb nail. After it is pulled pack, you use your thumb on the connect to push down, then push up and pull it off.

My guess is the connector is not seating all the way in the coil pack. Try pushing it up more/holding it in place and see if it is firing.
Heavy handed, I suppose.
I tried getting some zip ties on there, but didn't get anything. I'm debating slicing open the wire looms and tracing them to the ecu.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
If it all worked fine before you touched them, it has to do with the connection. When you pull the connector off the coil pack, it is not pulling on the wiring loom.

Try holding the connection in while someone else starts it .

·
Registered
328 Posts
6 for 6? Wow. I used a small dental-pick tool instead of a finger nail. First time was def a little tricky and gritty but it worked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts