F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heading to work , big vacation 2 weeks here so the hyway is clear , i hit the crews at 100 km and reset the tack
i hit 27.2 mpg , i hit the rest again and boom 27.2 again , it went as low as 25.9 going over a big bridge
i only have 3000 km on it really surprised to see that

one thing though , doing 100km / 65 mile is way to hard for me to do
don't think ill be doing that again lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
65MPH is pretty tough to keep. I know there are a few people around here that don't go that slow when they stop at a stop sign. Maybe that should read fail to stop at a stop sign.

Driving 65MPH is also hard on your brakes....you should never ride your brakes that long just to slow down...LOL!!!

Seriously, great mileage report.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow - did your truck eat Wheaties for breakfast? What rear end do you have? Is it a 4x4? How about weather conditions? I agree with jonrjen though, it is reaaaaally hard not to goose this engine! My dealer let me try out a 5.0 mustang with a 6 speed the other day just for giggles - I discovered my truck can give me the same smile! (and giggles) Great mileage!

·
Registered
329 Posts
That is awesome gas milage. Though I do love the feel of my truck when the pedal is to the metal, I do have an easier time keeping off of the gas than most. I am perfectly fine setting the cruise control at 55mph and enjoying the drive. But, being in Alaska, there is a lot of mountainous driving so my gas milage is not nearly as good as that. I typically see 23-24 mpg.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I'm a calm driver and typically cruise at 55-65. I used to see 25 mpg regularly but now I'm lucky to see 19 with the set up!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tried doing 65 again today but can't do it , to dam slow lol , forget about 55 , that never going to happen lol
i have crew cab , 6.5 box , with towing package and 373 , it was revving at 1750 more or less , the hwy i take daily is pretty flat , i do have a few inclines , and overpasses , the mpg drops at those point's , the weather was really nice mid 70 f / mid 20 c , very little head wind , this morning it hit 26 , a little cooler though and a little stronger head wind
at 70/75 witch is my usual speed i average 23/25 , and the total average for the 2000 mile i have on my truck is 16.9

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a calm driver and typically cruise at 55-65. I used to see 25 mpg regularly but now I'm lucky to see 19 with the set up!

was it the tuner stuff or the big tires that killed you mpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
man o man If I set cruise at 65mph I don't see that im averaging 19 on hwy I never seen 20s out of it I have a screw 6.5 bed with 3.73 gears no complaints though I was a big diesel guy until I researched and bought my 2012 ecoboost best truck I have ever had thanks to everyones info on here you all are great

·
Registered
142 Posts
Try doing 55-65 on the toll road outside of Austin Texas where the posted max speed limit is... wait for it... 85!
That is a blast to set the cruise on 85 and just go. I have done this several times. I get about 15.9 MPG.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Try doing 55-65 on the toll road outside of Austin Texas where the posted max speed limit is... wait for it... 85!
That is a blast to set the cruise on 85 and just go. I have done this several times. I get about 15.9 MPG.
Lucky! Most speed limits in AK are 55. 65 is usually the max. Most roads people are doing about 75-80 in the middle of nowhere - and there's a lot of that! I set the cruise at about 58 if I use it and get an average of about 22. If I don't use the cruise...well lets just say I've already had a discussion with an Alaska State Trooper. He was kind enough to lower it from 17 over to the 5-9 over range. Two points and $85 later...it will clear in a year. I use the cruise more often now as she tends to have a mind of here own as far as speed goes! Long legs mean fast speeds! My Fusion was the same way but was more of a sleeper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
These trucks really get thirsty above 65, but if its safe you can get great economy by slowing down and setting the cruise. Around here the minimum speed is 10mph below the posted speed limit.

SPPD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts