F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to take a minute and give a shout out to @tltech for all the help getting my truck right after the long list of engine upgrades.

I originally bought a handful of tunes from one of the mainstream tuners but was having trouble getting answers from them on the millions of questions I had. this is the first truck that I have ever done performance upgrades on aside from box tunes and an exhaust, so I really went into it blind and quickly found myself in over my head. what started with an exhaust manifold leak somehow transformed into me changing every part I had to touch to get to that manifold and thanks to a misdiagnosis, everything else on the intake side. It is probably not the smartest thing I have ever done since I essentially told my 140k mile engine that it was time to hit 500hp. Just like everyone on this forum, I love my truck, so every new noise I was sure meant that it was about to blow up, and there were a lot of new noises.

Todd, at TL tech, commented on one of my posts and tried to help me with a few things. we had some conversation, and he was very responsive while I was impatiently waiting to hear back from my tuner about revisions and all of the questions I threw at them. I decided to ask Todd to write a daily driver tune for me so I wouldn't be nervous about driving my truck with the things I was seeing in my datalogs, which I thought could be indicators of a problem. Our trucks are capable of giving us a TON of info and I didn't have a clue what most of it meant. Todd explained many of those things to me and told me what I should and should not be worrying about. We have been going back and forth for weeks and are on rev 3 of his tune, I think we still have a tweak or 2 but the tune is fantastic and I feel comfortable with where my truck is at right now.

I just want to give him some credit because he really went above and beyond and spent way more time working with me and answering questions I am sure he has heard 1000 times. to be honest I feel like I ripped him off because I know the hours we spent on this truck and all he did was charge me for the tune. if any of you guys want to add a tune to your lineup I would highly recommend reaching out to Todd and checking his availability, he really did a great job for me.

I also want to thank this forum in general because you guys have greatly helped me figure stuff out and given me baselines to compare to, it is all much appreciated. For clarity, I am not bashing my other tunes, they are also good tunes and have different capabilities, but I think they lack the manpower compared to their customer base to give each customer their undivided attention. it's a good problem for them to have and they do produce effective revisions for me based on the data logs I send them. I just haven't been able to get much insight into what they are doing with the tunes or answers to questions that, admittedly, probably concern me way more than them.

·
TL Tech Custom Tuning
94 Posts
Thanks guys, it's a pleasure to work with all of you. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts