F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my 2019 F-150 Lariat 4 days ago and my wife keeps mentioning that it would look awesome with black wheels. I agree, and this is also a free pass to buy another set of wheels! I keep coming back to the Black Rhino York. I’m assuming I could just throw on the stock 275/55/20 tires but I’ve only ever seen the Yorks with 33” or larger tires. What’s the largest tire size I can fit without a leveling kit? Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe someone has new info or input that hasn't been posted before. How is a forum supposed to grow if everyone responds with a "search other threads" attitude. (y)
Agreed. I’m a member of many forums and I always search first. If I can’t find what I’m looking for then I post. Disappointing to get no feedback or advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I'll bite, I am interested as well and feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment and not willing to look through the hundreds of threads related to this....

I am about to either keep my OEM wheels and add larger tires, and or go with aftermarket, same size as my previous 15 had, 305/60 18's!!!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought of going 285/55/20 or 285/60/20 on my factory wheels next year. Could always go 305/55/20 as the factory 20s are 8.5 wide I believe. I love my factory wheels so that is why I want to just upgrade tire. But I don't want to trim or loose too many mpgs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2 inch leveling on the front end and stock suspension on rear on my 2014 f150 platinum. I am running 285x55xr20 ko2s on my stock rims. I have no rubbing any where at any time on or off road. I want to move to a taller tire to fill up more of the wheel wells. I only have 1 inch clearance between upper cont. arm and tire. Have been searching threads to find what you folks are running on stock rims. Would really like a 33x12.50 on them but everyone says it will rub for sure. Don't mind trimming plastic but my concern is the clearance between the upper control arm. Feel free to weigh in. Recommendations welcome
20190921_180842.jpg
20190921_181054.jpg
20190921_181210.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2 inch leveling on the front end and stock suspension on rear on my 2014 f150 platinum. I am running 285x55xr20 ko2s on my stock rims. I have no rubbing any where at any time on or off road. I want to move to a taller tire to fill up more of the wheel wells. I only have 1 inch clearance between upper cont. arm and tire. Have been searching threads to find what you folks are running on stock rims. Would really like a 33x12.50 on them but everyone says it will rub for sure. Don't mind trimming plastic but my concern is the clearance between the upper control arm. Feel free to weigh in. Recommendations welcome View attachment 163461 View attachment 163462 View attachment 163463
I was told by my truck tire and parts shop that max tire size with no rub w/o lift or level for current body style f150 is 33/11.5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts