F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a lift but I want something more than a 2.5". Does anyone know that if I got 5100s now and set them to 2" if I could later get a 1 or 2" block? I'm going to get new UCAs but I'm thinking the CV angles will be too wack. Am I correct or can you level/lift a 4x4 3 inches without a drop bracket?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Only the front bilsteins are adjustable and you can't add a block to them, but you could add a spacer on top of them. I wouldn't go more than 2.5" up front if you are 4wd. Just stick with max height on the front bilsteins and be happy, your cv's will thank you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Only the front bilsteins are adjustable and you can't add a block to them, but you could add a spacer on top of them. I wouldn't go more than 2.5" up front if you are 4wd. Just stick with max height on the front bilsteins and be happy, your cv's will thank you.
The local 4wheelparts told me I needed to install front adjustable cams to put the bilsteins, are they necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
The factory suspension will not tolerate more than about 3" of lift.
I have 2.5" spacers and its basically at full droop when at 'ride height' and it kinda... sucks.

Unless your truck frame is at one of the extremes for tolerances, you should have sufficient adjustment in your LCAs to align after a level install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts