F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new Bilsteins in. Looking at the instructions it says not recommended to use top clip location for supercrew trucks. Does anyone have these? What settings do you run? Is it best to not preload at all (keep the 6112 at 0" lift) and reuse my existing spacer kit to get the level since I already have it? Would love to hear some thoughts.
Truck is a 12th gen, 2012.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I just got my new Bilsteins in. Looking at the instructions it says not recommended to use top clip location for supercrew trucks. Does anyone have these? What settings do you run? Is it best to not preload at all (keep the 6112 at 0" lift) and reuse my existing spacer kit to get the level since I already have it? Would love to hear some thoughts.
Truck is a 12th gen, 2012.
I would not use a spacer. Could put the shock way to far out of its range and cause it to either bottom out before the bump stop or over extend and smack the UCA into the spring.

·
Registered
171 Posts
+1 above.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well. Got them installed yesterday. Has to go back tomorrow. They didn’t move the clips so at the low position. Now getting some bad tire rub.

Also while there they replaced with new UCAs, my ball joints were toast. Also needed new pads and rotors up front.

Stock driver side spring broken in 3 spots. Pass side in 2 spots.

More better pics after it goes back on Thursday.

·
Modinstrator
2,580 Posts
First I’ve heard of broken coil springs on these F150’s. You were indicating the old ones were broken right?

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
First I’ve heard of broken coil springs on these F150’s. You were indicating the old ones were broken right?
I’ve seen a few on the 12th Gens, but usually after a spacer level was installed.

I was in my buddies truck when he broke one, it was a heck of a bang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I’ve seen a few on the 12th Gens, but usually after a spacer level was installed.

I was in my buddies truck when he broke one, it was a heck of a bang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. A guy just posted up on the FB group about it the other day actually. Both sides had snapped. One was down near the seat and the other was right in the middle of the coil. Said he never goes offroad but did have a spacer lift.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Truck today....needs a bath badly!

Better photos of the Bilstein goodness!

So far it’s been awesome. Really like how it rides, handles and works on the rough. Seems the tougher it is, the happier it is!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts