F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this week has been d*mn entertaining. This weekend, installed the rear bilsteins and replace my spark plugs, great day. The next day driving home and bambi runs right out in front of me, no damage thank God!

Fast forward to today:

I'm in a local shop waiting on the alignment to be finished on the front shocks (set at a 3/4" level) when all the sudden an older woman in a nissan comes crashing through the front door of the shop sending me and the sales guy scrambling in different directions! Nobody injured, her cars front end smashed, and spewing wiper fluid.

The womans husband (who was in a separate car so she could drop hers off) and I run over and check on her where I find a lucky piece of shattered glass in my thumb (aint it funny that the tiniest cuts are the ones that spew blood the most???) she's fine but shaken up and sore enough they take her to the hospital to get checked out. I sat with her for a bit while her husband talked to the cops and she was a very sweet older lady. She felt horrible about the whole thing. Both the shop owner and I just kept telling her nobody was hurt and this is why people have insurance. I sincerely hope she is ok.

Long story short, be careful everybody its a wild place! I will be wrapping myself in bubblewrap while driving to the lake this weekend lol

I cant decide if I like the slightly leveled look or if I want the completely factory rake, let me know what ya'll think.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@MAXXPAY I asked them to do the lowest non stock setting but I will crawl under after class and take a peak. If not I guess I'm taking it back out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get a pic when I get out of class and post it, at this point I don't think I'll be doing anything for the reasonable future... the truck gods are trying to kill me 😂

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
I had a 1 1/2" difference with mine on the second notch up, then went up anouther 1/4 with airbags set at minimum. Looks level to me. Looks good:)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@MAXXPAY Heres a shot perpendicular it's a lot more raked than the first picture looked which i am pleased with! I crawled and it was on the second from bottom setting.

Thanks @Mr B !! I'm excited for it!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Looks aright. If it were me I’d be wanting more. I still think I want to go to 1.25”....but it’s hard not to want the closer to level 1.75”. I know I certainly don’t want the 2.1”. I wish i had confidence i could do it with my own spring compressors and even if i had to do it twice, it wouldn’t bother me to get it perfect before aligning it

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'd raise it up more, especially with your larger-than-stock tires. 1.75" is a good spot with 4WD as it still leaves a little rake and keeps the CV angles happy.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
agree with mulyhuntr and maxxpay it gives you room for loads in back without blinding people in front of you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd raise it up more, especially with your larger-than-stock tires. 1.75" is a good spot with 4WD as it still leaves a little rake and keeps the CV angles happy.
For whatever reason I really like having stock rake, I just did this much so it wouldn't rub the mud flaps on it. I didn't really intend to level. Will keeping the rake also keep the CV angles happy?

·
Registered
539 Posts
It's not the size of the cut but what the cut was caused by. The sharper object the more blood and you can't get much sharper than broken (un tempered) glass. But bleeding is a good thing as it flushes out all the nasties. Ok who cares, right!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not the size of the cut but what the cut was caused by. The sharper object the more blood and you can't get much sharper than broken (un tempered) glass. But bleeding is a good thing as it flushes out all the nasties. Ok who cares, right!
To be perfectly honest I cannot decide if its still in my thumb or not 😬

·
Registered
695 Posts
For whatever reason I really like having stock rake, I just did this much so it wouldn't rub the mud flaps on it. I didn't really intend to level. Will keeping the rake also keep the CV angles happy?
The closer to stock height you are, the happier your CV's will be.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I wish I had done the .75" level on mine (second ring from the bottom). I went with the 3rd ring at the last minute when I had the struts apart.. Was not really thinking what it would do when I hitched up my TT!

I didn't want air bags so I went with some Hellwig 2500 progressive overload springs for the rear end to help with the sag when I've got weight in the bed or the tongue weight.

I recently got a new larger, heavier TT so I sag just a tad now even with the overloads cranked up a bit more than I had with the old TT.

I am seriously thinking of dropping to the second ring, but still flip flopping on it...

Mitch

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
The closer to stock height you are, the happier your CV's will be.
I found it's not the CVs but the electronic steering racks that don't like the added lift.

When I had only level kit the steering felt like crap and got steering faults when going to lock and moving. (usually backing a trailer). When I went to a real lift (bds) all those woes went away.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I wish I had done the .75" level on mine (second ring from the bottom). I went with the 3rd ring at the last minute when I had the struts apart.. Was not really thinking what it would do when I hitched up my TT!

I didn't want air bags so I went with some Hellwig 2500 progressive overload springs for the rear end to help with the sag when I've got weight in the bed or the tongue weight.

I recently got a new larger, heavier TT so I sag just a tad now even with the overloads cranked up a bit more than I had with the old TT.

I am seriously thinking of dropping to the second ring, but still flip flopping on it...

Mitch
Mitch, i don’t think I’d feel bad whatsoever about the way that looks! Is that at 1.75”?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Whatever the 3rd ring from the bottom is. In the instructions I got with the shocks, that was 1.5" and the top ring is 2".

Before and after measuring when I did it was just about the 1.5" mark and unloaded, the rear is still about an inch more than the front to the top of the outer wheel well on the fender. Stock size tires as well.

Mitch

1 - 20 of 34 Posts