F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wish I had done the .75" level on mine (second ring from the bottom). I went with the 3rd ring at the last minute when I had the struts apart.. Was not really thinking what it would do when I hitched up my TT!

I didn't want air bags so I went with some Hellwig 2500 progressive overload springs for the rear end to help with the sag when I've got weight in the bed or the tongue weight.

I recently got a new larger, heavier TT so I sag just a tad now even with the overloads cranked up a bit more than I had with the old TT.

I am seriously thinking of dropping to the second ring, but still flip flopping on it...

Mitch
Mitch that looks great! I crawled under to confirm and I am on the second ring, personally I really like the factory rake which is why I kept it low, that and my trailer is often a bit tongue heavy and loaded/unloaded a few times without serious adjustments to the WDH and want to maintain more rake before sag ensues. Is the steering still good on the third ring?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've had no issues with steering or going lock to lock with it.

Mitch

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just to interject-lol...these shocks are soooo good I'm like Smokey & The Bandit!....I wanna jump something!
PS...not with trailer in tow-lol 😉
Ok but think of how cool you could look doing that jump WITH the trailer!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Lucky Dude and the truck looks great!
Bob
Thank you sir! I was thanking the man upstairs for sure, I’m having to go to the doctor tomorrow because I think that piece of glass is still in there.

The shocks are 1000000% better than the stock ones!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put mine on the middle ring (I don't remember how many inches that is). It still has a little rake, but picked up the front nicely. My motivation for lifting, aside from better shocks was that even though I'm not a big guy, it was awfully snug crawling under the front for oil changes and other maintenance. It doesn't seem like much change, but it was enough to make working under the front more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I put mine on the middle ring (I don't remember how many inches that is). It still has a little rake, but picked up the front nicely. My motivation for lifting, aside from better shocks was that even though I'm not a big guy, it was awfully snug crawling under the front for oil changes and other maintenance. It doesn't seem like much change, but it was enough to make working under the front more comfortable.
I believe that’s the 1.25” setting. Any pics?

Sounds good enough reason for me. I’m a smaller framed but bigger backed type guy and I have to do some awkward yoga positions myself just to change the oil.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just for anyone who may be following along, I just got an X-ray done that shows there is still a piece of glass lodge firmly in the thumb. They did xrays and attempted to remove it but couldn’t get it out. We confirmed it was still there with another X-ray. Over the next week it will hopefully work its way out or else I have to go to a surgeon for a stupid 3mm piece of glass...

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Just for anyone who may be following along, I just got an X-ray done that shows there is still a piece of glass lodge firmly in the thumb. They did xrays and attempted to remove it but couldn’t get it out. We confirmed it was still there with another X-ray. Over the next week it will hopefully work its way out or else I have to go to a surgeon for a stupid 3mm piece of glass...

Is it hurting? Or getting infected?

Check this.

Synthetic tendon stitch, so thin just barely poking thru the skin after doc sewed me all back up allowed this infection to start.

I got to get it x rayed Monday to make sure the infection isn't in my bone and see the stitch fibre. It sucks was already laid out for quite a bit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Is it hurting? Or getting infected?

Check this.

Synthetic tendon stitch, so thin just barely poking thru the skin after doc sewed me all back up allowed this infection to start.

I got to get it x rayed Monday to make sure the infection isn't in my bone and see the stitch fibre. It sucks was already laid out for quite a bit.

Yikes!!! That looks unfun! Primarily pain, unfortunately every time I use it I’m tearing up the tissues in my thumb pad

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Had the same thing in my forearm from rolling a truck years ago. It incapsulated itself and I had an outpatient surgery that probably took less than two minutes to have it removed. Didn’t feel a thing

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Had the same thing in my forearm from rolling a truck years ago. It incapsulated itself and I had an outpatient surgery that probably took less than two minutes to have it removed. Didn’t feel a thing

That was what they tried the other day, the damn numbing agent hurt worse than my thumb does lmao!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts