F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my all black Tremor and I noticed that the third brake light is bright white. Does anyone know of a decent smoked third brake light? I saw the Recon one but it's dark black and I think it would make the truck look tacky. Any thoughts? Oh and why the hell can no one make an exhaust for this truck. Everyone knows that the performance guys are going to want to change the stock one out.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Try that VHT Nightshade... Most get away with one or two light coats looking good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used Plasti dip smoke on my 3rd brake light and Mirror reflectors. Its not blacked out like recon but looks decent for $7. I can email a pic, I cant get it to upload from my computer.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
I didnt see an introduction post from you, but WELCOME to the site from another Omahan!!

I have always used VHT niteshade to darken lights/reflectors...I was looking at possibly buying the ANZO one but I need to man up and get a tuner first!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Is that completely blacked out now with that cover?
I wanna black mine out it looks stupid being the only thing not black. .

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys thanks, I'm looking into just tinting the 3rd brake light for now. I just ordered the Recon lights for my rear end. Hey Miles, I'm new to the Ecoboost club, actually traded in my Shelby GT500 to go to this truck, it reminds me of my old Lightning I used to have and I can use it year round.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Hey guys thanks, I'm looking into just tinting the 3rd brake light for now. I just ordered the Recon lights for my rear end. Hey Miles, I'm new to the Ecoboost club, actually traded in my Shelby GT500 to go to this truck, it reminds me of my old Lightning I used to have and I can use it year round.
I think you made a good trade...what other toy do you have for 'go-fast' other than your ecoboost then?

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Nice, well I'll look around town for you.

I know of 2 other white ecoboosts around the Omaha area with the appearance package but so far I have yet to see one with the hood stripe as well or a '14 with the diagonal side stripe.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397570660.349579.jpg

She's not black, but here are my recons.

They're normally very glossy, my truck's just filthy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was thinking about changing mine out as well but was wondering how much the darker lens would affect the lighting for the back-up camera at night.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I was thinking about changing mine out as well but was wondering how much the darker lens would affect the lighting for the back-up camera at night.
Our reverse lights suck no matter what you do. The only real option is to go aux.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404455738.218114.jpg

A pair of a-series would make for some effective light that's not noticed when off.

SSG Outdoors

Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Is that an EBAY grill? If so how is the fit and finish?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I really like the black billet grill (upper n lower).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts