F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about how long most of you had to wait for results after dropping your sample in the mail?
Dropped mine off I believe the 29th of last month and the check I included still hasn't cashed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was kind of thinking, the holiday.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Curious to know fuel dilution percentages from your results. I imagine the ecoboost is pretty high on that metric.

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Curious to know fuel dilution percentages from your results. I imagine the ecoboost is pretty high on that metric.
Not necessarily. My brother and I both have 18 3.5's.

We've Blackstone'd almost every oil change.

So far great reports for both.
Keep in mind neither of us do much short drive or commuting with them. They are our RV towing or road-trip machines primarily.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^and that's the trick, gotta make sure to get er out on the open road and get everything heated up/burned off real good at least once a week if it's a daily commuter/short tripper.

Man... Check I included with the sample still hasn't been cashed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How many changes in did you guys wait before you started testing? I got my kit, but they said the recommend waiting until the 3rd change before I take my sample. I drive the truck to work daily only 8 miles round trip.. I only take my long trips on the weekends.. hopefully I'm not screwing things up.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did my first oil change at about a 1000 miles and then the second one at about 4,000 miles, this is from the second oil change. I wanted to get it at the second oil change just to get a base then the oil change after next I will send another sample

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did my first oil change at about a 1000 miles and then the second one at about 4,000 miles, this is from the second oil change. I wanted to get it at the second oil change just to get a base then the oil change after next I will send another sample

I did the same thing, I dumped the factory fill at 1000 miles. I'll do my second one this weekend and probably grab a sample from that one. Mid stream right? not at the start and not at then end.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did the same thing, I dumped the factory fill at 1000 miles. I'll do my second one this weekend and probably grab a sample from that one. Mid stream right? not at the start and not at then end.
Yup mid stream,
just like when at the Dr's

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not necessarily. My brother and I both have 18 3.5's.

We've Blackstone'd almost every oil change.

So far great reports for both.
Keep in mind neither of us do much short drive or commuting with them. They are our RV towing or road-trip machines primarily.

What oils do you guys use?

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
I would love to answer that question.

But I can't, specifically. (nor should I? Lol)

1. Because I'm not exactly sure which oil he uses and he does his own. He's a full synthetic guy with a popular brand

2. I've had 3 or 4 different brands in mine because it's been done at various places (states even) and once by me getting underneath it myself. Synthetic since the second change.

Both our trucks combined wouldn't qualify as high mileage though, so no bold claims of magical oil performance. Just LOTS of clean & fresh oil.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What I use. As snakebitten mentioned though, best prevention is frequent changes no matter what you use

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So still nothing as far as my oil analysis and I just received two more test kits in the mail today..
Wtf lol

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
They heard about your potential worry?

That first oil change probably has all kinds of wierd stuff in it and they just don't know how to tell you. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
What I use. As snakebitten mentioned though, best prevention is frequent changes no matter what you use

Every 2500 miles for me. But For $14 more dollars I would rather do another oil change and filter vs. spend $28 for an oil analysis. Been using 5W40 turbo diesel Mobile 1 since new.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Every 2500 miles for me. But For $14 more dollars I would rather do another oil change and filter vs. spend $28 for an oil analysis. Been using 5W40 turbo diesel Mobile 1 since new.
Yeah I always did my 1st Gen 3.5 about every
3k ish to 4k miles.

This 2019 3.5 will be every 4k miles, will be interesting to see the results of the analysis. I have another friend with a 2nd gen 3.5 and they told him he can go to 8,000 mile oil change intervals after they analyzed his oil, no matter what they come back with for me though I'll be sticking to 4000 miles.

$28 is cheap to me though.

On a side note they are really good about replying to email, I sent one yesterday asking if they got my sample and had a reply back this morning, they said they'll have my report for me tomorrow afternoon

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
WHy every 4k, esp if you go through trucks every few years? I go 7 to 8k and still have life left in the oil, as Ive posted about in my thread a few times now.

Did you also tell them it is knocking and going to blow up?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts