F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Blackstone oil report - change often

Where is @rbrown. I promised I would test at a 100k a long time ago. HERE IT IS!

I have been using Amsoil Signature , and at the 100k mark on the truck, did another blackstone test. I got over the 10k mark (here is the report) I have been intending to change UNDER the 10 k mark, but I got sick, then it was 5 degrees, etc and then next thing you know I am well over 10k. Says I am "ok" but I wont push it this far going forward, especially as the truck ages.
My friend that is a mechanic lectures 5k, says the oil is now "part of the engine" the way the oil is used almost like hydrolic fluid to drive things now. I have learned a lesson and plan to move to 8k or so now. Use a good full synthetic!

View attachment BLITZKRIEG-100k.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey

Hey I just read your whole truck build and I was wondering if you still use and like your tuner and tunes from unleashed

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Hey I just read your whole truck build and I was wondering if you still use and like your tuner and tunes from unleashed
I am!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
7,053 Posts
Where is @rbrown. I promised I would test at a 100k a long time ago. HERE IT IS!

I have been using Amsoil Signature , and at the 100k mark on the truck, did another blackstone test. I got over the 10k mark (here is the report) I have been intending to change UNDER the 10 k mark, but I got sick, then it was 5 degrees, etc and then next thing you know I am well over 10k. Says I am "ok" but I wont push it this far going forward, especially as the truck ages.
My friend that is a mechanic lectures 5k, says the oil is now "part of the engine" the way the oil is used almost like hydrolic fluid to drive things now. I have learned a lesson and plan to move to 8k or so now. Use a good full synthetic!

View attachment 135697
Wow. That looks incredible for the mileage. At 10,200 miles I’d think fuel dilution would be worse. Iron as you know fluctuates with the drain intervals so that’s good. But hot damn that looks good. Looks great in fact. I am going to assume phasers are nice and quiet and all is well? Nice. Question? Are you using any moly or oil additives?

Edit: I meant zinc additives?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Wow. That looks incredible for the mileage. At 10,200 miles I’d think fuel dilution would be worse. Iron as you know fluctuates with the drain intervals so that’s good. But hot damn that looks good. Looks great in fact. I am going to assume phasers are nice and quiet and all is well? Nice. Question? Are you using any moly or oil additives?

Edit: I meant zinc additives?
Everything seems great.
I drive highway to work, so maybe an around town 100k might be different, but nope. Just Amsoil since maybe 40k. (When I started reading the forum) I bought it at 27k.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Took @noodles suggestion since I was out of rainex. I like it.
It's protection has faded after a month and a few car washes, but it is certainly still doing some good work. Like noodles said, there is no haze like rainex. They advertise it helps with scratch resistance, so I am hopefull it will help with that "sandblasted" look that windows get after several years on the road.

Nanoskin (NA-RAI4-K) Rain Glass Sealant Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM623MG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TVcdBbTSDSHFP

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
Everything I have read is that the middle setting is best. I am dying to go to the full setting, anyone have advice or words of wisdom?

20% off fathers day sake on Ebay, jumped on it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Sway bar on!

Used this thread. As I advised, look at where the u bolts are in the pictures and put them there. I was trying to get them even, and they wont be.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37009&share_tid=37009&share_fid=56890&share_type=t 2014 Limited - Rear Hellwig Sway Bar Install

I have them on the first setting ATM, cant imagine I won't end up on the tightest eventually.

I can now feel the front sway, I think poly on the bushings might be a next step.

2013 XLT 4x4 3.5 eco SCREW e30 unleashed tune

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
These tightened up the front perfectly.
Not sure how much more you would need. In other words, try the moog before buying the front hellwig. For $15 Ithink you will be happy.
Auto zone did not have any silicone grease. I used marine grease. Might as well order some silicone grease at the same time.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Had a rough vacation took a BIG rock to the winsheild and someone "hit and ran" in the parking lot.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Replaced the tail lights with these. A new factory light was $75 so I "went for it"
Now that they are installed I dont love them. I feel like they look a little cheap.
I would not reccomend for an "upgrade" but instead of a broken tail light, they did the job.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
The good news with the taillights, is I got to still use my reverse lights. Absolutely reccomend those.
I had also purchased the led fog bulbs, and I cant tell the difference. Dont bother with that.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Not sure how much more you would need. In other words, try the moog before buying the front hellwig. For $15 Ithink you will be happy.
$12 shipped on RockAuto for those thrifty shoppers. I’ve found RockAuto to kick butt on some prices recently. Not to derail this thread but if you’re looking for PowerStop Brakes for a 2015-2016 F150 and are thinking about replacing calipers. RockAuto has been $90 cheaper than other stores I’ve shopped.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
$12 shipped on RockAuto for those thrifty shoppers. I’ve found RockAuto to kick butt on some prices recently. Not to derail this thread but if you’re looking for PowerStop Brakes for a 2015-2016 F150 and are thinking about replacing calipers. RockAuto has been $90 cheaper than other stores I’ve shopped.
I am fine with a little derailment. Good tip.
I'll check them out next purchase.

So, to get back on track. I have a long commute, these stock brakes have lasted 70k miles and still going, but I am getting close.

Do I need the power stop? I guess stock stops pretty fast, how much faster do i need to stop? And most important, will they last as long? I guess I will google power stop, but wondered your thoughts .

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
New windshield installed, new visor strip tint installed. #3 btw
Reaplied rain sealant.
Bosch Icon installed both sides. The Icons have been the best windshield wipers I have ever tried.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
New windshield installed, new visor strip tint installed. #3 btw
Reaplied rain sealant.
Bosch Icon installed both sides. The Icons have been the best windshield wipers I have ever tried.

I second the sentiment on the ICONS, that said, they don’t sell an indexed set in a 26” blade for my Edge or Escapes. The air foil ends up being backwards on the passenger side with the ICONS. Heck, I can’t tell how much the foils give in added wind assist in a wiper blade but if ever there were a situation where a little added down force might benefit you it’s on a long blade like that. The indexed set from Ford is a very good blade and $20 bucks cheaper for a set than the Bosch on these long blades. Now back to our trucks, the ICONS are top notch. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Auto zone did not have any silicone grease. I used marine grease. Might as well order some silicone grease at the same time.

Thanks for the tip! I ordered up a set as I think mine are getting a tad sloppy up front.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I changed the plugs again. I was getting some sort of electrical malfunction... But it went away, magically.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I don't know why it got "out of whack" but this vid fixed it. Not too bad!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Heck of a storm. Close call. This tree was upright when I parked it.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts
About this Discussion
100 Replies
15 Participants
coletrain
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing