F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 2011 lariat ecoboost. I've replaced the blower motor resistor three times in the last month. 1 motorcraft, 1 china knock off, 1 dorman resistor. I have dual zone and blower mode stays on HI after failure. Any thoughts? Maybe the blower motor is going bad causing the resistor to fail at low speeds?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
You somehow have water draining into you air box?
Have you checked the wiring on the pigtail? I know you can get the pigtail with it in case it's burnt up in the connector.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would think the motor has some shorted windings and is drawing more current than the resistor pack was meant to handle. Change the blower

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You somehow have water draining into you air box?
Have you checked the wiring on the pigtail? I know you can get the pigtail with it in case it's burnt up in the connector.
Checking the connector next the resistor is exposed to condensate inside the air box naturally and it seems to be draining fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think the motor has some shorted windings and is drawing more current than the resistor pack was meant to handle. Change the blower
Thats what im starting to think hate throwing parts at it but why not its going to eventually need 1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts