F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 20 Posts
Sorry for your loss. You are very likely correct on your assumption. It seems that the intercooler system collects just enough at some point that a small short acceleration causes a quick suction of oil and hydrolocks the cylinder. Another crazy thing im thinking is some how the Pvc valve gets stuck momentarily and during a quick change of acceleration, a shot of oil comes thru that tube in to the intake and hydro locks it.

Get a catch can! all those mods and it probably would have saved your engine.

Good call on the turbos... but its possible that they are ok if those lines are past the filtered oil. but not sure.

If you are doing the swap yourself it is best to lift the CAB to get to the bolts on top of the transmission. there is no other way because the cab is too tight against the transmission.

since you are FX4, disconnect the transfer case shaft from the front side. this allows for easier access for your hands and tools.

Good Luck! and get a catch can... :) welcome to the blown engine club.

DIY info on the CAB removal. this is the guy that saved me a lot of frustration.

I don't have a lift, so I just removed all the front cab bolts except the last ones near the bed and lifted the front. If you have a lift this video will save you a lot of frustration and the job will be much easier.

1 - 2 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.