F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all! your posts have helped so much...let's see what you got for this...
The man and I are taking delivery of 2014 f150 ecoboost this week...lining up hitch for this week as well (see signature below for deets)

I have heard from one sales guy...you don't need WD with your the fancy ford I have.
I have heard from a sales gal...Reese WD will do the job...Blue Ox can have problems.
I have heard Blue Ox is easy to hook up to and clean (on the hands) to operate.
I have heard Blue Ox WD is $300 more.
I have heard that my Blue Ox tongue would be 750lb...can I switch that out if my trailer gets traded in for a larger size?

I am leaning towards the Blue Ox for ease of hitch and clean factor....but that is not worth $300

thoughts and comments welcome....go easy...this is my first time! lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

From what I have been reading lately you may want to take a look at the Anderson No Sway Hitch, Andersen 'No-Sway' Weight Distribution Hitch

It doesn't get any cleaner or easier than this. I have heard great reviews from the guys here and I am sure someone with first hand
experience with them will chime in. I have a Reese Straight Line hitch and it works fine but if I had it to do over I would seriously
look at the Anderson.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
The first sales guys is obviously a moron. The second gal seems like she was trying to sell you a Reese. I have never used a Blue Ox hitch, but I own a Blue Ox tow bar and used to have one of their braking systems. They do make good stuff. I personally think you should focus more on what you want to do with your hitch, first. If you only a weekender like I am, most of the time any hitch will do. I have used the cheapest Reese and Husky hitches with no problem. If on the other hand you are going long distance many times, a little extra comfort is worth a little more money. IMO cleanliness would be my last criteria. Even dry camping, I can carry enough wipes and water to take care of a little grease.

I am pretty sure the Blue Ox WD hitch can just change bars if you change trailers, but I would verify that by calling them. Make sure the bars you buy match your trailer TW. That is true no matter what hitch you choose.

All of this hitch stuff beyond the weight ratings and safety factor is really personal preference and choice.

EDIT: PS Any hitch can give you problems if it is improperly matched or set up for your rig.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your feedback...I went with the Blue Ox...husband and I set it up ourselves with little issue. First tow seemed great! We will keep you posted!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
So you bought the sway pro?
Did you get the 750lb bars?

Let us know how it performs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts