F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

Idling down the road the other day in traffic and blue smoke starts rolling by the truck. Truck was up to operating temp. Turned truck off. Let it sit. Turned back on and no smoke. Happened again a few days later while parking.....

Guess its time to bring into dealer.....

6,700 miles on the truck

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea or guess to offer, but I will be watching for your update once you see the dealer.
Gotta swap over to my stock exhaust... then make my list
Brakes pulsate, the clicking noise everyone complains of and now the smoke.... so much for it being so bullet proof
What a great $40,000 purchase.....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Oh now come on, it's a man made product. Things can and will go wrong from time to time, that's why Ford offers a warranty. One of the amazing things about the internet and forums like this is that we can sign on and find all kind of complaints and negative feedback to start looking to happen on our vehicle.

Kind of like when my Niece was in college and going to all of her science classes. As she dove into her books of anatomy, biology, illnesses and such, she would begin to imagine a large variety of different diseases she had the symptoms of. Truth be known, it's natural to fear the unknown, once you know that it exist. IE: Sometimes too much knowledge ain't always a good thing.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh now come on, it's a man made product. Things can and will go wrong from time to time, that's why Ford offers a warranty. One of the amazing things about the internet and forums like this is that we can sign on and find all kind of complaints and negative feedback to start looking to happen on our vehicle.

Kind of like when my Niece was in college and going to all of her science classes. As she dove into her books of anatomy, biology, illnesses and such, she would begin to imagine a large variety of different diseases she had the symptoms of. Truth be known, it's natural to fear the unknown, once you know that it exist. IE: Sometimes too much knowledge ain't always a good thing.
Right right just suckssss

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I believe blue smoke means you were burning some oil one way or another... May not be the case, but that's what my four wheeler did when it had blue smoke.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The standard of past was the burning of oil, but with new technology there is not telling what it may be. Could be from fouling plugs, the cat or just that time of the month.

Either way please let us know what the dealership says.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The standard of past was the burning of oil, but with new technology there is not telling what it may be. Could be from fouling plugs, the cat or just that time of the month.

Either way please let us know what the dealership says.
doesnt have cats. Im guessing its something stupid but ya never kno

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd have to check, but doesn't this engine have an o2 sensor past the cat?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
169 Posts
O2 sensors are not "faked" out...
Isn't there a sensor before and after the converter? If so that may be what is causing the problem with your no-cat pipe. There has to be a difference between the 2 sensors so the PCM can adjust the air/fuel mixture. By faking I mean there used to be a circuit you could plug into the rear sensors to simulate a change between them. I also heard of people leaving the rear sensors out if the pipe sensing clean air.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Sorry, that's what I meant - an o2 sensor both before and after the cat.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
You are correct. Every OBD II vehicle is supposed to have an O2 sensor before and after the cat. It may be he removed the resonator after the down pipe and thinks that's the cat. The cats are in each bank of the downpipe, and there is most definitely an O2 sensor before and after (I've looked underneath to see where the cats are and if it is a dual cat or single cat system). They are these two small "bulges" on each side of the down pipe before the Y Pipe which connects to the exhaust with a flange.

As for the smoke, are you SURE it's blue and not just condensation? If it disappeared after you turned the engine off, or after the engine warms up, it could be just condensation and seems to appear blue.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its weird how a tune fixed this issue.... Hmmmm

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Its weird how a tune fixed this issue.... Hmmmm
Could you elaborate?
Which downpipe are you running?
Which tune?
Why was the truck smoking before?
Why isn't it now?

Just really confused. :)

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could you elaborate? Which downpipe are you running? Which tune? Why was the truck smoking before? Why isn't it now? Just really confused. :)
It was def blue. Smelled like oil. Was not black. Was not fuel. Mak catless down pipes. Was stock tune. Im more confused then you!!!!!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
It was def blue. Smelled like oil. Was not black. Was not fuel. Mak catless down pipes. Was stock tune. Im more confused then you!!!!!
Catless and no tune could have put the ecm into a fit...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Just read the thread on the PC, i can see better lol

blue smoke at idle could be blown turbo/turbos, tends to go and come back

some times that's the price we pay when modding such a new power plant, specially turbo

I wouldn't feel too bad man, seems your still under warranty

Theirs always a price to pay when you play ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts