F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just had my truck now for a few hours....love it! Buuut for some reason it keeps disconnecting from my phone or my phone disconnects from the truck. No idea why. Phone is the Galaxy S3. Anyone have same issue and fix? appreciate it!! BTW love this damn truck...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Make sure the software is current.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
My microphone in the truck for the sync crapped out literally 3 hours after I bought the truck. I havent gotten around to bringing it in yet, but I think the whole sync system has problems.

SPPD

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems to be working much better as of late...when you mention software is that with the truck? Phone is good...but is there updates I need to be aware of?? Thanks

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ford has had so many problems with the SYNC system that they have upped the warranty from five to six years to promote customer confidence in the system. They still haven't implemented the wi-fi, and when the did the last update, it fixed some things that needed to be addressed, but it also changed some things that worked well and now do not...

Mine will confirm the voice command and do something totally different from what it comfirmed "tune to octane" "tuning to octane" then the thing tunes to something like 890am, if it were not a woman's voice I'd name it HAL!

Guess that was a really long answer to say that yes, other people are having challenges with the system as well

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you running 4.2.2 on your Samsung? Android 4.2.2 is known to have Bluetooth issues, and I have experienced them in multiple vehicles/headsets. Reverting to 4.2.1 resolved them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So just had my truck now for a few hours....love it! Buuut for some reason it keeps disconnecting from my phone or my phone disconnects from the truck. No idea why. Phone is the Galaxy S3. Anyone have same issue and fix? appreciate it!! BTW love this damn truck...
Eco, I had this problem with both my last truck and my new one . I find if I turn the phone off and then back on it usually fixes it . I guess your supposed to turn your pone off every now and then anyway to update it who knows seems to work for me. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts