F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just installed a boost gauge on my truck and all i'm getting is vaccum, 20 +psi. here is a pic of where i tapped into. I feel like i saw on another thread where someone else used this line and didn't have any issues. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
275 Posts
I need to know also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I need to know also.
You tapped in too late, you have to do it before that round white check valve coming off intake. Best thing to do is patch that one up with a vacuum fitting and then cut in before that check valve you see in the picture. I’ll make sure to post a picture of where I tapped in on mine

·
Registered
11 Posts
You tapped in too late, you have to do it before that round white check valve coming off intake. Best thing to do is patch that one up with a vacuum fitting and then cut in before that check valve you see in the picture. I’ll make sure to post a picture of where I tapped in on mine
Here is the pics for you guys, very simple once you see it

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
275 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome man thanks. I moved my Tee and all is working great!
btw when I’m under WOT I peak at 17 psi and then it seems to slowly loose psi the closer it gets to shifting gears. Is that normal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome man thanks. I moved my Tee and all is working great!
btw when I’m under WOT I peak at 17 psi and then it seems to slowly loose psi the closer it gets to shifting gears. Is that normal?
Yea that is normal, the trucks run about 14-17 psi boost stock at max, normal is about 10-15 but yes it is supposed to unload like that through blow off valve when switching gears but then will build back up if still on throttle. You are basically forcing more air into engine with a turbo or supercharger and the blow off valve let’s out any excess air and the rest gets recirculated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts