F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Ive been chasing a problem that i cant seem to figure out. I have a 2013 xlt that now has 63300 miles. It has a full race exhaust, s&b drop in filter and a 89 unleashed tow tune.
A few weeks ago i was experiencing the condensation issue. At this time i had a wagner intercooler installed. Long story short i reinstalled the stock intercooler for right now with the recent changing temperatures.
Through the process of the condensation issue i returned the truck back to stock. While stock i decided i would have the transmission recall done for the sudden downshift. Ive never experienced the downshift but figured id have it done anyway. After getting my truck back, it seems im now having issues. I got the new strategy code and had my old tune written for the new code. The problem i am experiencing now is it seems like my boost is being limited to a certain psi. I use a edge insight cts2 to monitor my parameters, but can comfirm im seeing the same numbers when monitoring through my x4.
Prior to the recall, i was seeing up to 13-14 psi easy on my gauge. The edge reads 1 to 2 pounds off for some reason. Now after the recall im only seeing 7lbs. If i run wot i will see a max of 12-13 psi. But when steadily rolling into the pedal or pulling a grade, the boost will climb and stop at 7lbs and wont climb any higher unless i punch it.
Now before anyone says its the tune, i returned to stock, and im seeing the exact same thing happening while in stock tune. The best way i can describe this is the truck feels like its tuned but feels like its somehow being limited to stock boost levels. I did get with Torrie and he sent me a revision. Tried the revision today and still no change.
I preformed a boost leak test today and confirmed one small leak but that made no difference after tightening. Ive also checked my bov for tears and it looks perfect. If anyone has any insight of what to look for please let me know. I feel like im chasing a ghost on this one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive replaced all 3 map sensors and manually tested my wastegate actuators and they are perfect and within spec as well as all the vaccum lines are all good with no cracks. No change after this as well. Can anyone please give any insight on what they think it could be. I have no codes or lights but clearly it is not running right. What could be limiting the boost to only 7psi unless under wot?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize this is almost a month old now but how did you manually test your wastegates? Reason I ask, I just replaced my driver side turbo today on my 2012 and I have way less power, almost as though I am getting no boost at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize this is almost a month old now but how did you manually test your wastegates? Reason I ask, I just replaced my driver side turbo today on my 2012 and I have way less power, almost as though I am getting no boost at all.
I dont have a pic of what i made but i have a valve hooked to a gauge with a nipple at the end. Hooked it up to the vaccum line going to the wastegate actuator and slowly applied pressure up to 15 lbs and watched the actuator extend. Once the actuator was fully extended i shut the air off and watched to see if it held pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts