F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been driving with my 89 P/T from 5 star for a while now. At first it seemed like a rocket, even though it was just a 89 Perf/Tow tune. After a while it seemed a little lazy and boring. Contacted the guys at 5 star and they said everything looked like it should. So I flashed back to stock for a few days and drove around like I usually do, then went back to my 5 star tune. Wow! Running stock really puts things back into perspective.

Moral of the story... If you are bored with your tune, flash back to stock and drive it a while. You will learn to appreciate what your custom tune really does for your truck! Now guess I need to get a real Perf. tune to spice things up. Thumbs up for 5 star!!

Curt

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Or you could use a real tuner like Unleashed or MPT, That could cure "TUNE BOREDOM".

Reactions: mwemaxxowner

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Actually just get a 91 or 93 performance tune from 5 star.
Jacob over there is doing big things right now, they are not the same tunes you got from them a year ago, even 6 months ago.
I've been working with him for the past few weeks, 2nd revision on my 91 performance tune and this sucker is awesome, keeps up with my mpt tune and even pulls harder all the way through the rpm's.

I have a few other friends that had tunes from them from a while back and they logged them, got revisions back and have been very impressed.
Not to mention it's way cheaper to get one tune from 5 star then any other tuner.

Just FYI

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Why could they have not made this change before I left? Lol
I'm not sure if it's the same for the 2.7, all these trucks are 3.5's
And the 2015+ 3.5's new revisions are even crazier. One of my friends has a 2015 3.5 and he's getting about a 4 second 0-60 with his 91 performance 5 star tune (the new revision)
He's taking it to the track this Friday, I'm looking forward to seeing his numbers

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I know they have a smoking tune on their own 2.7

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Don't believe it. 5 Star sucks and treats customers like ****. THE END.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Lol not the experience I've had at all. Chris over there will even occasionally email me out of the blue and ask how I'm doing and just shoot the sh!t

1 - 14 of 14 Posts