F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insite on ways to upgrade our stock Borg Warner Turbos in our EcoBeasts? An alternative bolt-on Turbo system? Not that I don't like their current performance. Just looking into furthering the upgrades.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Talk to Full Race Motorsports. I believe they are working on an upgrade kit for our trucks. They already did a EFR single turbo swap on their race/show truck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Its not really worth worrying about until someone gets the fuel system figured out. People are maxing out the fuel system on stock turbos.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There are a couple of companies working on upgraded compressor wheels for the B-W turbos, along with full race as mentioned. But I also believe jared is right with the fuel system being maxed out.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Talk to Full Race Motorsports. I believe they are working on an upgrade kit for our trucks. They already did a EFR single turbo swap on their race/show truck.
Well now. That's the way to go really fast. Swap them babies out for a REAL turbo (singular).

·
Registered
868 Posts
i had read somewhere that and upgrade to the original turbo impeller was around $550 ea for a kit and also read that someone did it on a singe turbo 1.8l and got 20 hp gain but have yet to see anything solid on what it would do for the 3.5L

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well now. That's the way to go really fast. Swap them babies out for a REAL turbo (singular).
Oh yes, they call it the FREAKOBOOST. Its ridiculous....
And as for the impeller upgrades, I could see them doing it for the 13s, but idk about 11-12s since there is a lot more intricate workings with the internal bypass and all that jazz. A lot of companies will only be doing turbo upgrades for the 13+ guys since they are externally bypassed. If a 11-12 owner wanted to do any type of turbo upgrade, it would require a lot more than just swapping the turbos. Which sucks....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of your replies. Definitely something to consider in the near future...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts